Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro base station dead in 3 days

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Zephyrus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

I recently installed a brand new Arlo Pro (Base station model# VMB4000) with 2 cameras at my house. It worked all fine for 3 days and I tested it with my phone.
I went on an office trip happy that I'll be able to use Arlo to monitor my house remotely. My happiness was short lived. Just when I needed it my app started showing that the base station is disconnected and unable to get status.
On returning home I saw that the base station was actually dead. No lights were on. I tried rebooting as well as resetting and trying a different power socket but with no luck. No green or amber lights show up. My other devices in house have been functioning fine at the same socket so dont think it was any power surge issue.

It is really frustrating that a critical system like this can fail so miserably. What are my options here?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

A completely dead base is quite rare.

You could try a different 12v power supply in case it's the power supply that's faulty.

If holding in the reset button for about 10 seconds does not give you amber lights then I would either return the unit for a replacement or contact support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

A completely dead base is quite rare.

You could try a different 12v power supply in case it's the power supply that's faulty.

If holding in the reset button for about 10 seconds does not give you amber lights then I would either return the unit for a replacement or contact support.

Zephyrus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks will contact support. Wonder if power adapter is faulty.