Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro as proximity alarm

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mrissmann
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am totally dismayed (and returning the product). I wanted this less for recording of images and more of a motion detector alarm.

I liked that I could mount this without wires anywhere I wanted and trigger the alarm in the base.

After reading the comments it sounds like it must have internet to work. (Internet is coming but I need a proximity alarm now, back to best buy)

Arlo, please come up with a disconnected mode which a lot of people appear to be asking for. Not all of us live in the inner-city and have reliable (or even) internet.

Also, a windows phone enthusiest. Still shocked that companies aren't writing one app (Xamarin) for three device platforms.

-Markus

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Its main function is a wireless camera that records to the cloud. I think you should look at something else designed for the specific purpose you are after eg Smartthings motion sensor and Smartthings Hub

mrissmann
Aspirant
Aspirant

You are probably right. I just wanted something out of the box from a local box store and this seemed pretty cool. I would eventually use the camera but want the motion sensor for now. Now I may have to buy two products or give up this product.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You could look for motion detect devices  ... like " driveway monitors "

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------