Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro as a baby monitor

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
John_Brian_K
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like the Arlo Q has the same issues the Arlo Pro has.  I tried the Arlo Pro as a baby monitor after the Summer one we had for 3 years started to fail.  Not only is the lag too great, but the app keeps crashing and the battery lasted about 2 nights of start and stop service before dying.  Not practical in any way.  There just does not seem to be a reliable HD baby monitor with split screen out there these days.  The monitor on ours turnes off at random times and does not keep a charge any longer.  I was really hoping to pair my 5 camera bundle with the 2 Arlo Pros for the babies rooms.

Too much lag.

Intermitent service.

App crashes all the time.  I cannot upgrade my internet service any higher than I have it and my Router is top of the line.  

I am returning the 2 Arlo Pros and hopefully getting my 99.99 back for the yearly fee for more than 5 cameras considering I just tried this over the weekend.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

John_Brian_K,

Arlo Pro is designed to record on motion. Constant recording/live streaming will cause the battery to deplete quickly.

For baby monitoring, you might take a look a the new Arlo Baby camera as it is designed for the needs you describe: Arlo Baby

JamesC