Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ARGETEN
Guide
Guide

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year! My appologies if this has been asked or addressed before;  

Does anyone know when Netgear / Arlo team plans to allow connecting Arlo Pro cameras to Wink?  Ballpark at least?

I would like to use my Arlo Pro cameras as motion sensors in order to trigger other actions around the house but I got a confirmation from the folks at Wink, stating that Netgear is not allowing it at this time.  Only older Arlo cameras work.

Any updates or suggestions (other than using IFTTT) are welcomed.

Thank you!

71 REPLIES 71
MUGS
Tutor
Tutor
Plus one to this thread. Wink 2 is an amazing fit for the Arlo Pro
Hosh
Guide
Guide

Plus 1 to this post too. I just bought the Wink Hub 2 and Arlo Pro cameras and would really like to see integration made available.

superben79
Apprentice
Apprentice

at 1 point i had wink2 and st running at the same time. finally i gave up st, the app is not user friendly and most of their sensors are that good. wink2 has been good to me so far. so i like to see wink2 support on arlo pro.

jhurdt
Initiate
Initiate

I'm glad to know that Wink Hub 2 Integration is in the works — this capability can't arrive soon enough!  Thanks!

Tadut
Tutor
Tutor

From the moderators previous responses, this sounds like an Arlo fix and not a Wink fix.

When will Arlo Pro users see Wink /2 compatibility. I myself have been waiting 5 months.
If this feature request is not important to the Arlo team, let the community know not to expect anything anytime soon. If it is, I for one would like some form of roadmap to this feature release.

Thank you

mouser1999
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC - any updates on this? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mouser1999,

Still no ETA at this time. I will provide an update if I get any new information.

JamesC

Mechanab
Aspirant
Aspirant
I guess I should have done my research. I just got Arlo Pro and a couple extra cameras just to discover that they don't work with Wink.

Back they go. Sorry Netgear, if you at least had an ETA I might risk keeping them.
johnbois
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any update on adding Arlo Pro into Wink Hub 2?   Checked announcement page but still no listing on expected ETA.

CarlosGuimaraes
Initiate
Initiate

I am still waiting for this information to buy a Arlo Pro! I have others equipments using the Wink Hub 2 and I don´t want to buy the base station from Arlo!

Alphaphi
Initiate
Initiate
Please update to have Pro work with Wink.
ArloProUser74
Aspirant
Aspirant

ArloProUser74
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wink Hub 2 / Arlo Pro

#brokenhome
Kmelander1
Guide
Guide
I suspect the issue is with security? Could really use this feature. Does Netgear intend to support the Wink 2 hub with the pro platform?
Mellowtunes
Initiate
Initiate

Even limited support would be appreciated.  Just the ability to arm/disarm via Wink and trigger a Wink Robot if motion is dected would bridge the gap.  I am actually ok to wait if support is ACTUALLY planned - but if there is some special exclusivity wtih Smarthings, just tell everyone and we can stop waiting.   

When I bought Wink and my Arlo Pros it was for them to work together.  It is very strange, and somewhat disheartening, that only some of the echosystem is supported.

fregan24
Initiate
Initiate

I'm also in the same boat as everyone else. I already have my Wink hub set up with IFTTT, so they could talk to eachother through that, but the IFTTT scripts are definately more buggy than the wink bots.  Unfortunately I'm too practical to buy the system with only the hope of it working and without a firm release date sometime this year.  The Arlo Pro's meet all my needs except for Wink compatibility.

James C, if you can confirm that the Arlo Pro's will be compatible with the Wink hub in the next 3 months I will make the purchase, but otherwise I will be going with the NEST Cam.  I can deal with the wires as long as it is compatible with Wink.  Any help within the next week would be great to inform my purchase.

Thank you

Arallen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just set up my Arlo Pro Cameras only to find same as you all no cameras found using Arlo in the wink app add cameras
Should I return Arlo a system or is a firmware update coming ?
ARGETEN
Guide
Guide
Hey Arallen,

Based on the fact that I started this thread back in January and we still don't have a clear yes or no answer, only means our request to make Arlo Pro work with Wink is not important enough or of any interest to the folks at NetGear.

It seems like they have focused most of their attention on new products and accessories, instead of expanding their integration capabilities.

I hope I'm wrong, but, don't get your hopes up!

If your intentions are to pair them with Wink or Wink Hub 2 in order to automate other things around your home, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME WITH ARLO PRO until you see an official announcement from NetGear.
mrhnky
Initiate
Initiate
Still no update? Extremely disappointing
keithchilders
Tutor
Tutor

Just put a $600 pro system back on the shelf after reading this thread while standing in the checkout line. No reason to be so coy about why this isn't working right now, or when it will be working.

keithchilders
Tutor
Tutor

Funny how Nest launches new camera products and they JUST WORK with both Wink and Smartthings on launch day. They don't have to qualify which specific models are supported through the API, why does Netgear?

myrtlebeachbums
Aspirant
Aspirant

I could've gotten four or five Arlo's off of Amazon Prime Day for $399.99 but opted instead for two Arlo Pro's for $384.99 because of course they'd be supported by my Wink hub. It clearly says it works with Arlo!

I'm very much disappointed, and am the latest "Me too!" that's very disappointed that support is not available yet. 

Is there any ETA for when Wink support will be added, or even any beta program that people could get on to get early access to code that would support Wink?

Willyc0811
Initiate
Initiate

Hello James,

Any update on the WINK HUB 2 compatibility? 

Atadayon
Initiate
Initiate

James - Last update was on ‎2017-04-27 saying that it was being worked on. It's been almost 3 months. Would you please be able to ask the team and see if there is any sort of ETA? I'm about to abandon Netgear altogether over this.