Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ARGETEN
Guide
Guide

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year! My appologies if this has been asked or addressed before;  

Does anyone know when Netgear / Arlo team plans to allow connecting Arlo Pro cameras to Wink?  Ballpark at least?

I would like to use my Arlo Pro cameras as motion sensors in order to trigger other actions around the house but I got a confirmation from the folks at Wink, stating that Netgear is not allowing it at this time.  Only older Arlo cameras work.

Any updates or suggestions (other than using IFTTT) are welcomed.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ARGETEN
Guide
Guide

There it is!  Finally!

I can now setup robots using Arlo Pro as motion triggers.  I will be testing delays and posting them soon.  Stay tunned!

View solution in original post

71 REPLIES 71
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ARGETEN,

Currently Wink integration is available for Arlo Q/Q Plus and Arlo Wire-free. I do not have information on when it will be available for Arlo Pro at this time.

For more information on Wink and Arlo, see here: What is Wink and how can I use it with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

QuassEE
Tutor
Tutor

I wish this was more readily available information.  I spent hours of frustration thinking the problem was with the Hub, not even considering that the Pro wasn't supported.  I know it's not Netgear's fault, of course, and the Arlo cameras were more money and a more conscious purchase for me... I guess I should've gotten the SmartThings hub afterall.

Anduril1123
Initiate
Initiate

I just bought 4 arlo pros and a wink 2 hub thinking there would be integration, given the arlo integration. I was surprised to find the arlo pro models are not yet supported. I hope Wink/Arlo get on this soon!

QuassEE
Tutor
Tutor

I did get a SmartThings hub.  It's ok.  I think I prefer the Wink interface better, but the SmartThings hub does work with the cameras.

Psyon001
Tutor
Tutor

I did the exact same thing as the other folks, I really wish this was either stated specifically that Arlo Pros do not work with Wink Hub 2 or that they release a patch ASAP. I got both my Arlo Pros and Wink Hub 2 today, excited to get started creating robots based on motion detection from my camera and after 30mins of trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, I finally called support and they informed me it was not compatible yet.

abziffer
Initiate
Initiate
Is there a date for support yet? Only option seems to be to switch to Smart Things Hub. Is the Arlo Pro camera going to be supported on Wink at all?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

abziffer,

I do not have a date for Arlo Pro support with Wink. Keep posted here for more information on his in the future: What is Wink and how can I use it with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

hornblasters
Initiate
Initiate
Two Win Relays, a Wink 2, 6 Arlo Q, 4 Arlo Pro none of which work at all. The account links but no cameras add. Boooooooooo
avonord
Tutor
Tutor
@JamesC

I think at this point, we just want to know the "if", not the "when".
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

avonord,

I have requested an update on the status of Arlo Pro/Wink integration (when and if). I will provide more information on this topic soon

JamesC

armypsych
Initiate
Initiate

Also waiting on Wink to become compatible with Arlo Pro.  Contacted Wink support and they stated Arlo needed to add the functionaliy on their end.  Researched prior to purchase but was unaware that Pro would not be supported.  Any update would be helpful.

ARGETEN
Guide
Guide

JamesC,

When I spoke with the Netgear/Arlo team at CES this past January, they were claiming that Arlo Pro availability within Wink and others was definitely in the pipeline.  Is this something we should still wait/hope for?  Has that statement changed?

Thanks for all your help,

AGRETEN

dj13990
Tutor
Tutor

Hey JamesC,

I too would love this intergration with the Pro.  I have over 40 items on the WInk Hub 2.  Should this be in the ideas forum or is it already on the roadmap?

Thanks,

ralberts
Initiate
Initiate

Wow!  So glad I read this forum post... I had been all set to buy Arlo and Wink Hub 2!  Now I need to re-consider my choice.  A bit bummed but happy to figure this out now rather then later.  Will be looking forward to hearing more about the possible integration in the future.

loomis1975
Luminary
Luminary

Also really looking forward to Arlo Pro and Wink Hub 2 compatibility.  That would really help round out the system.

FarleyWeiss
Initiate
Initiate

I'd like to echo the others who are requesting Arlo Pro be compatible with Wink. I specifically selected Arlo in part because it was one of the three brands of cameras supported by the Wink software. I had no idea that only the older models of Arlo were supported.  

Vansmak
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me too! That's​ the whole point of getting a hub. Making me regret my decision to go with wink. Still under 30 days so I may return it. It defeats it's own purpose if I still have to use other apps or hubs. Need wemo too!
Vansmak
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me too! That's​ the whole point of getting a hub. Making me regret my decision to go with wink. Still under 30 days so I may return it. It defeats it's own purpose if I still have to use other apps or hubs. Need wemo support too!
ARGETEN
Guide
Guide

Just a quick note on the WeMo support;  That might not happen any time soon.  Unfortunately, being good collaborators and maintaining partnerships that generate long-term consumer experiences, has never been a priority for Belkin.  History shows they are more in the "get in and get out" technology businesses. And good luck getting any support from their call-centres in India.  Want to see how badly they're really doing?  Take a look at Belkin under consummeraffairs dot com.

ARGETEN
Guide
Guide

JamesC,

Are you still with us?

On your last post (almost 2 months ago), you stated you were reaching out for an update.  Were there any answers?

All we need is a clear response.  Please, no half-baked answers.  If Netgear is not planning on making this product work with Wink (for whatever reasons), just say it. That way we can all desist and move on with whatever our options are.

Thank you,

Agreten

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ARGETEN,

I apologize for the lengthy wait on a response to this. I have requested another update on Arlo Pro - Wink integration. When I have more information I will post an update.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: The Arlo Team is currently working with Wink on Arlo Pro integration. Unfortunately, there is no ETA at this time. Please stay tuned to our announcement section for updates.

JamesC

Atadayon
Initiate
Initiate
Well this is disappointing... Posting to stay updated
bnorman2010
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I am sorry to say that Netgear just lost a sale.  I was about to buy a 5 camera kit from Costco but thought I should check compatability first.  Saved myself some truble but really want to use these camera with my Wink Hub 2.