Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Pro & Pro 2 system unusable. Arlo notification obsolete.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Cracked732
Follower
Follower

Netgear Arlo base station 2 pro cameras and 2 pro 2 cameras. As of today cannot view my playback on recording after sign-in. Customer service states older systems will not be supported. How about class action lawsuit. My system was working fine.

8 REPLIES 8
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

My pro2 system is still functioning so far, the arlo EOL policy starts in 2025 for pro2 products.

Arlo is not ending the free 7days cloud storage service, they will just not help you fix anything unless you have a subscription plan.

Class action is muted by the arlo terms and conditions statement.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Cracked732 

Are you receiving any error messaging? 

rlisk
Guide
Guide

**bleep** their terms.  Arlo would appear to be **bleep**ing us.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Cracked732 

Are you still experiencing this issue? May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

rlisk
Guide
Guide

Using the supplied transformer and cable, I have had the cameras connected for probably over ten hours each, multiple times.  I have opened the cameras and removed batteries, not that that is likely to do anything but confirm there is nothing in there.  In most cases the Charging indicator lights, but once unattached, there is no charge to the camera.

After seven years, if one camera suddenly had issues, maybe i could accept that, but to have all three at the same time, come on, seriously!  Combine that with all the crap I am reading and the incredibly overwhelming belief from others users that this is no coincidence, makes this look and feel like class action fodder.

But far be it for me to not try anything you might suggest.  What are your thoughts?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rlisk If I'm understanding correctly the cameras are not charging with the supplied AC adapter and cable? 

rlisk
Guide
Guide

That is correct.  For seven years there has never been an issue.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rlisk Do you see a percentage value in the App when it's charging? You should be able to find this in the Device settings. Have you tried another Power adapter and cable by chance, to determine a faulty charging cable or AC adapter?