Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro alerts me to motion but does not record the motion

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mendo666
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 camera's , all working according to specs. All in line of site, all with 3 bars of wi-fi, motion sensors work in test mode. Everything seems perfect. I will get an alert on all three camera's, I will have a red number next to the library icon. I check the library - notta. I can go into live mode and see the activity and record manually but when I am unable it would be nice to have it done automatically - thoughts???

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

verifiy the FW on the cameras and base are the latest version

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Red number next to the library icon?  I have no such thing.  Are you referring to the number in the oval for each camera in the Devcies tab?  I checked both Android app and web with nothing like what you seem to be describing.  What device/OS/browser (if appropriate)?

Mendo666
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an iPhone 6 running on the latest software version 11.0.2 but I had this issue on the prior versions as well. What I am referring to is when I open the app, after it gains status on each camera on the bottom  I have a row of icons, devices, Library, Mode and settings.

After I get an alert and be it right away or hours later when I open the app to see what is going on next to the library icon I will have a number, in red, next to the Library icon. I assumed this would be the number of recordings associated with whatever camera was alerted. However when I go into the library that red number disappears and there is no recording. 

Now what you mention, the number in the oval, I may have that but that doesn't always add up to the number next to the Library icon.

g

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gotcha - thanks. I don't use notifications so haven't seen what you are. I just enabled push notifications to see what's up.

As for seeing notification numbers but no videos in the library, it could be a number of things. As Tom suggests, verify that all your firmware is up to date. Power cycle the base. There have been times when folks have gotten notifications but no videos for some time. Have you ever gotten the videos, just later? Is it possible it's a display issue where the number hasn't been reset? Does it happen with both the app and a browser?

Mendo666
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. You have given me a lot to go by and do. Not a computer whiz here but I think  can do and will get back to. At the moment have no internet and praying that my house has not gone up in flames in the NorCal fires.

g