Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro accessable without interent but over local network

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
bluepenguin
Follower
Follower

I currently have the base with a 1tb drive.  I would like to access the base on my local network only.  Not over the internet.  Is there away? 

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

bluepenguin wrote:

I currently have the base with a 1tb drive.  I would like to access the base on my local network only.  Not over the internet.  Is there away? 

Thanks in advance.

If you are trying to access the recordings that you have on the external drive, simply unplug it and plug it into your pc.  You will see the file/folders/recordings on the drive and you can just play them.  Return the drive to the base when done.  If you're internet is completely down, you won't be able to access the base software itself until your connection comes back up but you can always access your recordings on the base.  if your arlo system was armed before your internet went down and you have USB recordings enabled, you will get those recordings but with the internet down you obviously won't get alerts and the recordings won't be saved to the cloud (even when service is restored).  Hopefully that answers your question, good luck.