Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro ability to detect human vs pet

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ArloA1
Follower
Follower

I've seen a few older posts discussing the Arlo Pro's ability to detect motion from a pet vs. human vs. vehicle but still can't figure out what the verdict is.  Do you have to pay for an additional plan in order for this to work or am I able to use the basic plan and modify my settings somehow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... read this ;  http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/07/15/arlo-cameras-will-soon-get-object-recognition-features-arlo-...

And i do believe if/when available it will be a paid option, not 100% sure tho

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... read this ;  http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/07/15/arlo-cameras-will-soon-get-object-recognition-features-arlo-...

And i do believe if/when available it will be a paid option, not 100% sure tho

Morse is faster than texting!
Bigjames83
Apprentice
Apprentice

I wish they would just bundle this feature with their elite package. 3.99 a camera seems steep. 

ralgvl
Tutor
Tutor

I was going to try the free trial to see if it actually works, however, while the intro ad says," Arlo Analytics grants you advanced tools to make your surroundings more safe and secure. No Credit Card Info required." I found that during the setup for the camera trial they have a, Payment Info screen, requiring total billing and Credit Card info which you can't skip for the trial. Has anyone else experienced the same?

Bigjames83
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same for me. Just make sure to click no auto renew 

ralgvl
Tutor
Tutor

That begs the question of WHY are they even asking? I know this is probably a question Netgear won't answer but every offer these days has to have strings to get your personal info even before you make a commitment.