Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Will *NOT* Save from iOS

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Captain_Pegleg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Team, No response from  previous post, so here we go again.  I can't save my changed settings from iOS app.  This is when I turn a particular camera to "Do Nothing" and to "not Record Video".  When I do this the "Save" button becomes greyed out.  "Do nothing" means *not* notify me by either notification or email,  i.e. when I get home I want to make that one camera neither record video or notify me.  Why is this greayed out on iOS app ? I can achieve what I want to do on PC but it's a pain to have to boot up the PC just to put the one camera into that status.  I look forward to some kind of reply. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Captain_Pegleg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here's my earlier post ..........

Hi Team,

When operating from a pc I have no issues, and everything works as expected.

However when using the app on iOS I cannot turn off email or push notifications, the "Save" option becomes greyed out.

Greater detail .... the camera is inside, I want to record video and send email on motion when I'm not home. When we get home we dont want it sending us emails. When we get home I use the phone app to take the tick out of the box for email alert, but when I do, the "Save" option becomes greyed out.

* It doesn't matter if "do Nothing" or "Record Video" is selected.  In fact if "do nothing" is selected then I still receive an email, it just isn't recorded to the library.
* I can achieve what I want to do on PC

We don't want to set up geofencing or anything else, I'm just bringing to your attention a quirk of the app.

Looking forward to an update that fixes this on the iOS app.

Thanks