Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
humbleyoung
Aspirant
Aspirant

The tiny USB charging cover somehow came off my Arlo Pro camera. I was wondering if there was an easy way to get it back on. Would anyone know if unscrewing the two tiny screws connected to charging ribbon inside give me better access to get the cover back on?

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're on your own for that.  Opening the camera would void your warranty.  I'd open a case with support first.

skrsiu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  Were you able to put the charging cover back in?  If you were able to, could you please let me know how?  Thanks.

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Are you not able to just push it into the connector?
I assume the issue is that the cover detached from the camera?

As long as you don't lose the the cover, it should not be a problem.
skrsiu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correct.  I still have the cover but I was not able to push it back.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't seen the part of the plug that is supposed to be attached to the camera but I'd think a thin tool such as a small jeweler's screwdriver or even a needle (turned around if necessary) would help coerce the tabs or whatever back into place. Patience and minimal force would be needed in any event.

skrsiu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried but it did not work.  I probably need more patience as you mentioned.  

humbleyoung
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry. I reached out to Netgear support and they wanted me to ship back my Arlo Pro in exchange for another one which really didn't make sense since I would have to pay for the shipping to return mine first and then they would send me out my replacement once it was received. I just ended up taping the USB cover to my Arlo Pro.

skrsiu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the information.

I am reaching out to support also.  I tried what they suggest to use paper clip to guide the tail of the usb cover back into the opening.  I was not able to get it to work.  I may have to do what you did.  

BTW, I think the usb cover can be too easily detached in the Arlo Pro.  Many devices have similar covers but most of them are attached very firmly and very hard to be pulled out.