Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - UPS Battery Backup

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ek2016
Tutor
Tutor

Does anyone use a battery backup UPS on their system?  I'm concerned that someone could easily shut my power off since my breaker panel is outside and not very secure.  My plan is to connect my ISP modem, Arlo base station and anything else that's required to keep my system operational (at least until the backup battery is depleted).  If you do use one could you describe your set-up and UPS specs?

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I do.

Any UPS is fine. I just have cheap 1000VA line interactive units running my Arlo base, modem router and other smart home hubs. If the power goes out or gets cut, I figure the devices will stay powered for around 20 minutes. However, if someone cut off my internet.... That's where I'd like to upgrade to an Arlo Pro base station at some stage to get the USB recording. Disappointed they didn't enable it in the original base since it has the USB ports and lights all ready to go. Guess they needed some selling point to the base station other than a siren and being nicer looking

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Same here, I have a UPS rated some where about 2000va rated ( only because I replace the battery with a larger external battery )

The Modem, router, Arlos base all are hooked into it...so when power goes out like the other day all is good. ( out for an hour + and no problem )

My computer and monitor were hooked in too, but were in sleep mode and use little power that way.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------