Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Upgrade/Promotional Buyback/Trade in program

Why doesn't ARLO offer an Upgrade/Promotional Buyback program? I'm a relatively new customer and yes I know the new cameras are backward compatible with whAt I have but I would like and could really use some of the new features for all my cameras.

ARLO PLEASE consider putting together a program to help out all your customers that have older equipment. Buying the newer cameras and base station to get some of the needed capabilites and functions is just not affordable for me.

Comments
motch6
Aspirant

Purchased an Arlo Pro 2 back in December, about a month ago, because of an urgent need on my property.  I was unaware that Arlo was going to release a new unit (Ultra), but they have only played a bit in on my decission at the time.

What i'm hoping is that Arlo is out there listening.  Please provide some uptions for current customers:

1) An upgrade rebate (some percentage off, with proof of purchase of a previous unit).

2) A trade-in deal (depending on how old your ucrrent unit is).

I'm willing to pay something for the Ultra unit, but i'm having hard time grasping the fact of paying full price for an a upgrade.   

I know that the cameras will be backward and forward compatible, but the Ultra will loose most of its functionality if i use my current base (so, your site recommends i upgrade my base)  If you had a cheaper option to just get the base, or the base and a 1 or 2 camera option for cheaper, that would be great!

Hope someone is listening!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

abarapro
Novice

Arlo should have a program that allow current users to upgrade from arlo or arlo pro to arlo ultra

HakunaMatata
Initiate

i would gladly trade in my original arlos for a wired option,  batteries drain too quickly and its a pain to take them down and set them back up.  and i agree w/ the last person.. someone broke into my friends car last night, when we checked the camera,  2 of them were offline & one batteries drained.. useless.  

himanshu2001
Aspirant

Do you have trade in program. I want trade in my old arlo and arlo pro and buy new arlo ultra.

thatsme63
Novice

And still no comment from Arlo about a trade-in program in spite of all the comments?  I guess as I look to upgrade my system, I'll look to someone who will respond like Ring or SimpliSafe.

sarigibson
Fledgling

i would like to trade my cameras in for newer ones but i only pro i would like to get ultra if there option that i get do that the pro has delay on motions and i have 9 cameras and i can't afford buying it again thanks sari

jguerdat
Guru

Arlo doesn't do trade-ins. You can sell them yourself instead but that's all you can get.

sarigibson
Fledgling

it would be nice or if you have a company that would do a payment plan 

jguerdat
Guru

I'm a user like you. If you want a payment plan, check your retailer or your credit card company. Nothing is different here vs. buying a microwave or a car.