Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro:The base station remains offline for 2 days when the router looses internet connection

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DonnyBoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why does the Arlo Pro base station (purchased Feb. 2017)not come back on line immediately after the rooter restarts?In two instances within the last 4 months this has happened and it is very inconvenient when I'm 2400 miles away from home with few neighbors to restart the base station due to a very remote location. I recently purchased another three camera Pro Unit (Sept. 9, 2017) for my daughter and son-in-law and installed it so they could monitor the premises while away with for 3 months with their 4 year old daughter who is getting a bone marrow transplant from her sister for leukemia.  The exact same thing happen shortly after they left home for the start of treatment and it was very disconcerning 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't give you an answer why ...depends on how long the outage... many times for short outages mine has come back on without issue...it may even be the router/modem/base combo as to timing for rebooting

BUT a simple fix since your router comes back on line is to buy a Wemo outlet plug;

http://www.belkin.com/us/F7C063fc-Belkin/p/P-F7C063fc;jsessionid=3F392A20F630453F1199EEDF64D47B61/

Or similar... this way if you have an outage and it doesn't come back but your router does , you can "unplug - replug" it remotely

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And the addition of a UPS for your modem, router and base helps fly through most power outages in the first place, maintaining the ability to record events during that outage.  This would be especially useful for remote locations.

DonnyBoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appreciate the suggestion.  However,  I have a WeMo switch currently installed for a light and have a more consistent problem with it losing power and then going off line than the Arlo Pro base station.  The problem I have with the WeMo switch is I have to unplug it back in and then start over on the install process for it to work. So, when I'm away from home I'm afraid the WeMo switch would not be the fix for the Arlo pro bass station.  We live in the middle of a huge evergreen forest and the wind consistently takes out the powerlines so we frequently lose electricity. 

DonnyBoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

This may be the solution. I will look in to the UPS possibility. Thank you 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero
Maybe look into SmartThings. I use a smartthings outlet that is controlled by the smartthings app and it's never failed me, just works. Never went offline.