Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ramseyforged
Aspirant
Aspirant
Clearly Arlo has not even closely thought through hardly ANY security needs with their camera!! I believe a class action suit is going to be in the future! Something is bound to happen from their pathetic security preparations that it will kick off a major legal response.

In addition to all the other security lackings already plaguing the Arlo system. I would like add if nobody else has, that IF you allow someone else living with you to install the app on their phone and view your cameras. That let’s say in my case, a girlfriend that we have since broken up.... And when we broke up, I IMMEDIATELY changed the password to my system and she was STILL able to see notifications on her app which included the LAST IMAGE taken by the camera! Yes, if she tried to login and view the whole video it would not let her. But it STILL showed her the last still image upon opening the app!!! Pathetic.... I think I might just pull my Arlo’s and set them on fire and video it and make a YouTube video of the act explaining why to the world!

How would you like that Netgear??? You should be ashamed of your lack of thoughtfulness IN A PRIVATE SECURITY CAMERA SYSTEM!

-Thoughtless
-Lazy
-Cheap foreign Labor
-Crimminal
-Class Action to Follow

I’m disgusted!
6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@ramseyforged 

Even though you changed the password to your account, your ex girlfriend is probably still listed in your Grant Access section. You should be able to go into that section and use the Delete Friend button to permanently remove her and she will no longer be able to access any of your cameras. I have done that in the past.

Brian

ramseyforged
Aspirant
Aspirant
No Brian, that is not the case! She is not listed and never was.... Arlo could probably fault me for giving her equal access to my system by installing the app and giving her the original password, but that STILL shouldn’t have a bug in it that once you do that the app will forever show the device alerts and a screenshot of the last image! I’m clear on what’s going on... positive! And the only thing I think will fix it is her uninstalling the app! Which she isn’t and she’s harassing me about people coming and going from my home!

The password change only stops the previously installed app from “watching live video” and “viewing archived video!” But alerts continue to the device WITHOUT A PASSWORD and the Home Screen has the last still image face planted right it!

They blew it!! But thanks Brian. If you have other thoughts please share, but I’ve called them and they say it’s not true!!! You can bet I’m saving the proof....
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Another Option to have a peace of mind and avoid being paranoid bout' this would be to buy a new Basestation and create a new Account/password and sync your cameras and not share anymore to anyone.. To Sync cameras to new Base, you need to unsync/remove the cameras from your old Base first.. 

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

How about resetting the system as new. remove everything and  press the little reset button in the back of the base for about 10 seconds till the lights flash amber and bring it all back as the day you bought it maybe even getting a differant e-mail address like yahoo, gmail etc.

ramseyforged
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, hopefully resetting to factory like the next suggestion will do it and not buy new. The question is how will I know for sure and therefore avoid the paranoia like you said!
ramseyforged
Aspirant
Aspirant