Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Zander545
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Arlo pro with 2 cameras and today I noticed that it stopped recording activity for 10hrs and then just started to record again I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and why this occurred. 

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Zander545,

Did your camera appear offline, or was there missing recordings of an event that occurred? 

Zander545
Tutor
Tutor

No it didn’t go off line it seemed to not detect anything for ten hours I went onto my app to check on all the activity for the day and there was 10hrs with no motion detected. I know your prolly thinking there was no activity but I live on a very busy street and I usually get a minimum of 400 plus notifacations every day so this was very unusual. I’m hoping someone might know why this might of happened. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Zander545,

Has this issue happened since the last occurrence? Was this on both cameras or just one? Have you rebooted your base station & remove/re-insert the batteries? 

There is a chance the internet had a hiccup, or there is interference happening within the area causing a disconnect.

Zander545
Tutor
Tutor
Both cameras were affected and this has never happened before and since that day hasn’t happened again I haven’t pulled batteries or rebooted the base station cause it hasn’t happened again and hope it doesn’t 10hrs is a long time to be down especially for security reasons. Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen again. The cameras never disconnected from what I know for I never had to reconnect them I’ve had a camera disconnect before and have had to take one down pull the battery and reconnect it just found it strange they didn’t record for such a long period for like I’ve mentioned before I get roughly 400 plug recordings a day. Thanks for the input.