Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo solar panel longer charging cable

The USB charging cable for the upcoming Arlo solar panel is 6 ft. However, in order to position the solar panel correctly for a few of my outdoor cameras that will be under eaves or awnings, it would be great if the USB charging cable was available in a 12 ft length. Please make this available as part of the ordering process.

Comments
Frank8888
Follower

I have the Arlo Pro Cameras and have hooked up the Arlo Solar Panel which works great. Only problem I have is the 6 foot cable is too short. I had to move the camera from where I like it for the cable to reach. I really need a 15 foot cable to reach the camera in the location I want it. Will it be possible to purchase a longer cable e from Arlo or is there a compatible cable that I can purchase to extend the 6 foot one that came with the solar panel.

TomMac
Guru

Not to my knowledge

Jeff3113
Apprentice
There is a 20ft cable available.
Check ebay or amazon.
Frank8888
Follower

If you're referring to the one below it will not work for the solar panel. Arlo made their connection on the solar panel a mico usb for some reason.

Arlo Pro Weatherproof 20ft/6m Cable by Wasserstein (Black)

Jeff3113
Apprentice
The description on ebay indicates IT IS in fact a micro USB connector.
Frank8888
Follower

Could you post a link please. I can't find the one on ebay and the one on Amazon has a usb on one end and a micro usb on the other. 

Jeff3113
Apprentice
Haven't a reply (yet) from the vendor regarding the other end. My guess is it is a full sized USB. The description is for a charger connection. Of course then, a USB/MICRO USB converter cable (.99) would need to be purchased.
When I get a reply, I will post.
JamesC
Community Manager

NETGEAR does not recommend modifying or using an alternative cable as this could result in damage to the camera and/or solar panel and void the warranty. At this time, it is recommended to use only the cable included with the Arlo Solar Panel.

JamesC

Jeff3113
Apprentice
It's seems consumers are expressing a need for another product.
What a gift.
Frank8888
Follower

Well it needs to be longer or offer one that is longer. My camera is 17' away from any sunlight.