Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bmfesq
Guide
Guide

My app no longer gives me alarm/siren setting option in mode settings.

Any fixes?  Anyone else experience this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

For android, you tap, add device, then choose your base under the Alarms section (you choose the base because it has the siren in it).

I don't see an alarm section in your screen shot, so I'm guessing that's the iPhone app, but it does look like your base is there is the screen shot you posted. The icon shows your base and a bell indicating the siren. Choose that.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bmfesq,

Within the rules for your cameras, you can click "Add Device" and create a trigger condition for the siren. Is this what you're looking for?

(Mode > select base station > edit desired mode > edit desired rule > Add Device > select siren)

JamesC

Bmfesq
Guide
Guide
I understand how to set the alarm and other rules- THE SIREN-ALARM OPTION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Do I need to set anything on the BASE?

See pics
Bmfesq
Guide
Guide

Bmfesq
Guide
Guide

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

For rules........you have to tap "Add Device". In there you'll see where you can add the siren so that it goes off when motion is detected.

If you just want to set the siren off manually, they moved the botton. It is now a pull down menu/bar at the top of the screen when in live mode or when on the devices tab.

Bmfesq
Guide
Guide

I see the manual alarm in live mode atop the screen.

The alarm option is just not there under adding device or new rules.

see the pics I attached.  It is simply not there anymore, did I miss an app update?  Somewhat tech savvy but this is baffling.

Bmfesq
Guide
Guide

See pics 

Bmfesq
Guide
Guide

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At the end of creating the rule, there should be an Add Device selection further down the summary page. If the rule already exists, re-edit it and use the same Add Device selection to add the alarm.

Bmfesq
Guide
Guide
That is the thing after adding device I get page with my devices and no siren option. See attachment
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

For android, you tap, add device, then choose your base under the Alarms section (you choose the base because it has the siren in it).

I don't see an alarm section in your screen shot, so I'm guessing that's the iPhone app, but it does look like your base is there is the screen shot you posted. The icon shows your base and a bell indicating the siren. Choose that.

Bmfesq
Guide
Guide
That did it. The icon that looks like the base has the siren option. Thanks