Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Recharging batteries

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rzul1
Aspirant
Aspirant

does it affect the battery life if I charge the batteries before they go down to 0%?   I had one camera being used more than the other four and the charge went down to 60% in a matter of 2 weeks.  It is outdoors and it has been below 37 degrees at night.  So I decided to charge it while I had the time and was wondering if this may not be good for the battery life.  Any thoughts?  Instructions made no mention.

When I did recharge the blue light on the camera came on when fully charge but only was at 98% neve went to 100%.  Any reason why this would occur?

1 REPLY 1
Streak2
Master Master
Master

There's no harm charging these batteries any time you choose regardless of current state of charge.

I charged 4 batteries over the weekend. At the time they were not connected to the base.

After connecting to the base I noticed that 3 of them were at 100% and one was at 98%. I reconnected the charger to the 98% one and after 15 minutes it too was up at 100%.

Today, after no further activations, 3 have dropped down to 98% and one 1 still at 100% .

At this rate of discharge with no activation I don't see how anyone can get the claimed battery life of a number of months.