Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Rapid Draining Battery in about 3 days. Tried changing location, battery settings, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LLT
Follower
Follower

I know there are related posts to the Arlo Pro rapidly draining battery, but from what I can tell most are from 2018 so I'm looking for an updated fix. 

We purchased a set of 3 Arlo Pro cameras and 2 lights back in Sept. 2019. The cameras worked great for about 6 months, we loved them, recommended Arlo to all our friends, etc. Within the past 4 months they have taken a complete 180 and are not even usable. The batteries on all three cameras will completely drain in about 3 days. We have had no changes to location, battery settings, or devices between the base and cameras. 

I have spent roughly 7 hours between phone calls and emails with Arlo Support over the last several months and have gotten no where. We have tried all of their recommendations and fixes and nothing will work and we just keep getting the run around. This was a big investment for our home so I'm looking for any insight before completely giving up on this system and finding something else. 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Exactly what have you tried? System resets? Moving the base? Bringing a camera closer to the base to see what happens? Have you considered a WiFi or powerline extender so you can move the base to a different room?

As retired IT, there's the old gag about a user who maintains that he didn't do anything to cause his problems. On investigation, support finds something not mentioned which, when removed, fixes the problem. "Oh, yeah, well there's that. I forgot (or didn't think it important)." Not saying that's true here but because we aren't there we need all the little details for remote help.