Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
DigiDadOz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just purchased an Arlo Pro 4 Wire-Free HD Security Camera System.  Of the 4 cameras only 1 of them will successfully sync to my basestation.  The other 3 will not sync at all.  I get the slow blinking blue LED when trying to sync, but after a couple of minutes it then flashes orange.  The batteries are fully charged and I have tried resetting everything but to no avail.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you are just quickly pressing the base sync button and then the camera...

( you can do this directly without the app / web )

Pull battery and wait about 5 mins between each sync if it fails, then try again

Be close to the base but not close to the main router if it is nearby...I always sync mine about 5-8 ft away from the base and at least double that from the router

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you are just quickly pressing the base sync button and then the camera...

( you can do this directly without the app / web )

Pull battery and wait about 5 mins between each sync if it fails, then try again

Be close to the base but not close to the main router if it is nearby...I always sync mine about 5-8 ft away from the base and at least double that from the router

DigiDadOz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @TomMac.  I managed to sync the remaining 3 cameras by disconnecting the Arlo basestation from my Orbi Router and Syncing the basestation and then each camera one by one.  Once successfully peered with the basestation I then reconnected the Arlo basestation to the Orbi and gradaully each of my cameras appeared in the Arlo App Device view.

Many thanks for your advice.

Darren

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

So, it may have been interference from the Orbi being close...

I've has this issue with my Orbi 

glad to hear you got it working