Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Not Recording

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
dB20
Star
Star

I have 10 cameras and 2 base stations (5 cameras per base station). This system has worked flawlessly for over a year, however, 3-4 months ago it stopped recording video on random cameras. I can’t pinpoint the firmware rev when the problem started happening. The camera detects fine as the still picture in the device panel updates along with the time but no video. The only way to get it out of this state is to cycle the mode (armed->disarmed->armed) then all works fine for hours until it happens again. The latest firmware is running in all cameras and base stations.

22 REPLIES 22
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi dB20,

Does this problem persist if you switch out the cameras you have in that area?

dB20
Star
Star
I have not tried that. I can swap the cameras from other locations to put different ones in those areas.
Gman171
Aspirant
Aspirant
Currently I am receiving alerts that there is a event on the camera but no recording is being stored. This is a recent discrepancy. The most recent firmware is being used that I can tell.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Gman171,

Have you tried to reboot the base station and test again to see if the problem persists?

dB20
Star
Star
I’m seeing the same issue and have reset the base station several times. I still occasionally see the issue on most of my cameras including the ones very close to the base station. The behavior hasn’t changed after a reset. Is there any way to have insight to a base station log that may help us debug this issue?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

dB20,

When you mention you reset the base station, Did you perform a reboot by pressing the power button or did you factory reset with a pin?

Paul72388
Tutor
Tutor
I’m having the exact same issue. I reset and rebooted. Still not working..
Paul72388
Tutor
Tutor
Is it possible Arlo needs to update the software?
Paul72388
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve tried every troubleshooting step mentioned in this conversation. Still not working.
dB20
Star
Star
Power button. Have not tried factory reset.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

dB20, Paul72388, 

Have you tried to remove & re add the camera(s) to the base station and test again?

Paul72388
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, still having the same issue. Like I said before. This seems like arlo needs to update it software to fix this bug.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes it's just faster/easier to factory reset and start fresh to clear out weirdnesses.

Paul72388
Tutor
Tutor
Yes except after factory reset, the problem is still occurring.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Paul72388,

Do to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

kayak39
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  It only appears to be on one camera.  I have done all recommend suggestions as well.

Paul72388
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for opening the case. How long will it take to resolve this issue? Seeing how this issue is a widespread problem for many of arlos customers. I would hope Arlo is making it a top priority to resolve this issue. Everyday we wait, you are making the security of our homes and businesses vulnerable.
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

I have been having the same issue for 5 days and am currently travelling the Australian outback so am unable to reset my base. My schedule that has beem working for months suddenly disarms in the morning even though the schedule is set to be armed. I am getting notifications for motion but no video's. I have tried with the PC running chrome and the android app. I have to reboot the base every day to get it to record and take it off schedule. This is a problem as I am not always in internet range so my house goes unprotected until I can reset the base. NOT GOOD while being away for 6 weeks!

Paul72388
Tutor
Tutor
To Everyone having the same issue as I am: I just spoke with Arlo customer service, they said anyone using the new iPhone to view their cameras is having this issue because they haven’t updated the firmware for the new iPhone yet. They said they are working on the update and will have it available for download as soon as possible. Also, if you want to view your video, just use a different device for now until the update is available.
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

When are Arlo going to fix this issue? I am using the android app or chrome on my Windows 10 PC when I am in range of service and I am having to restart my base at least twice a day to get it to record. This issue has been going on since 30/9/18 and is still ongoing. I am away and this system is NOT WORKING AS ADVERTISED,! I am traveling the Australian outback which means I don't have internet until we get to a town which could be 4 hours away. I am getting notifications for motion but NO RECORDINGS.  I have to restart the base on the app and hope it works because I may not have service again for hours. This is not protecting my house when I can't check recordings because it's not recording! If I try live view I  get " there can only be 5 devices steaming at once please stop one" or something similar when there are none of my 5 camera's streaming so I have to restart base and sometimes I have to force close app to restart the base. These camera's haven't been working since that May upgrade and they are getting worse not better! I bought these due to issues with a neighbor sneaking in to my place at 4.30am and now I can't trust them to work because their not recording. If he steals anything while we are away I won't have any proof for the police which was the whole reason for getting this system. I charged my one camera that isn't connected to a power source on the 26/9/18 with the charging pod and it is now at 30% on the 9/10/18 it has the latest firmware but still seems to be draining. After the firmware upgrade it stayed at 100% for 4 days and I thought the battery drain was fixed however it's not! It has drained 70% in 2 weeks and it's not recording!

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

There are several threads with this same issue.  I talked with support yesterday and here's what we did:

(you will lose any rules you have setup with this camera)

1. Login to your account.
2. Go to settings.
3. Click my devices.
4. Select the camera.
5. Hit remove device button.

And then Power cycle the camera:
1. Take out the batteries of the camera.
2. Wait for 1 minute.
3. Insert batteries after one minute.
4. Close battery compartment. A blue LED will blink once then off.

Sync the camera:
1. Press the sync button on the base station, just once then release. The 3rd LED from the left will flash green.
2. Press sync button on the camera, just once then release. A blue LED will blink blue slowly then rapidly.

Back to the web interface, you will need to setup any rules you had created before with this camera.

It's only been one day, but it's working so far.  I will report back if it stops.

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Unfortunately I am away and can't reset anything with the camera's .I am away for another 4 weeks.