Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro No Notification Sound On galaxy S8+

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
kkaiser0112
Follower
Follower

The notification sound isn't working with my phone. Galaxy 8S+ phone. Sometimes I'll get the notification away the top of my screen but no sound. Help? Ive checked all settings on phone and app. Need help

5 REPLIES 5
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

On the S8+, try setting all your audible notifications through the phone, not the app. Settings>Arlo>Notifications (even though this looks only like a toggle, tap Notifications, do not toggle the button)>Notifications>Sound.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What version of android is your device running & what version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using?

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Phone OS Android 8, Arlo App: Latest _23400

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to clear you cache for that Arlo App?

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@ShayneS Shayne I am not the one who cannot change sounds since I found the work around, which is to use the phone settings since the Arlo app settings for notification sounds and indicator light color are dead (can be selected, do not do anything). This isn't specifically my problem. Many here with Android OS's have reported this issue. Clearing the cache and the data, force stopping, uninstalling and reinstalling do zip to fix the issue. Screwing around with Arlo and rebooting and such does nothing to change it (and is counter intuitive to the issue).

The problem is in the code not with the phone or user. Honestly, the apps have always been flaky in one way or the other. Each update brings a new challenge. I should not be having any issue. I use a very popular phone that is only a bit over a year old, that operates on one of two main OS's on the market that represents the majority of OS's out there. The version is reasonably current (8.0.0). Apps written for Android OS's should just work.