Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro No Longer Charging From Arlo Solar Panel

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MGorgol
Star
Star
The charging source connected to the camera cannot charge your battery. Please use the power adapter designed for your camera. It's an Arlo Solar panel and it was charging last weekend. I tried using their live chat support but nobody answered. If someone tells me I need to disconnect the camera and reconnect it to the base, again, to fix the problem I'm going to laugh and become really frustrated. With all the money I've spent on Arlo branded cr@p Netgear should send someone out to my house and fix the problem.
3 REPLIES 3
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@MGorgol wrote:
The charging source connected to the camera cannot charge your battery. Please use the power adapter designed for your camera. It's an Arlo Solar panel and it was charging last weekend. I tried using their live chat support but nobody answered. If someone tells me I need to disconnect the camera and reconnect it to the base, again, to fix the problem I'm going to laugh and become really frustrated. With all the money I've spent on Arlo branded cr@p Netgear should send someone out to my house and fix the problem.

Does it always give that message?  Sometimes mine will come up with a message about an incompatible charger, but I can discharge the message and it works fine.  

I just checked my 4 solar panel powered cameras at three different locations.  Three of them are charging.  One is getting power, but can't charge the battery because it is 29 degrees F outside at that location...must wait for 32+.  I know people have had various experiences with the solar panels.  I've been fortunate with mine.

MGorgol
Star
Star

No I also get the other msg you mentioned as well. I'll check again later but it's certainly not charging right now - even after clearing the msg.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@MGorgol wrote:

No I also get the other msg you mentioned as well. I'll check again later but it's certainly not charging right now - even after clearing the msg.

My only other thought is to physically check the connections to make sure they are both dry and secure at both the panel and camera ends of the cable.