Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - Motion checkbox keeps getting "unselected" on all my cameras somehow

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

11/28/2018 Every once in a while, I will notice my cameras won't detect something that it absolutely should have detected, and I'll go into the base device, which says Armed, and then it shows a solid green dot and also a green check mark in the green shield for Armed, and I press the green pencil to the right and I'll check each of the cameras (by hitting the green pencil to each camera), then at the top under  "if the following" and it sill show that particular camera and then under that selections for "Motion is detected" and "Audio is detected" and way too many times the box for the "Motion is detected" is UNCHECKED  and I did not do it.  I would never turn the motion off on any of my cameras.  I might slide them down a bit but never shut them off.  Then I have to Press the empty box so that it shows a solid green box with a white checkmark in it, then hit Done and back to see what the rest of the (10 cameras) show, and I'll see that they are all showing an UNCHECKED box for the "motion is detected".  This leaves my system pretty useless and not even know it.  

Why doesn't Arlo send instructions to their users (since you have our emails to send when the battery is extremely low) for new changes to the screens.  It takes too much fiddling around to find out what Arlo has changed and updated and added, sometimes these additions are great, sometimes not so much.  Anyway, my question is how does this keep happening?  When you go into the "motion sensor" slider it goes from 1-10.  I can understand if it was 0-10 and it shuts off the motion altogether, but the lowest setting is a 1 and it definitely should not uncheck the motion detection box therefore leaving the camera to not detect motion!!!!   There seems to be too many places that things can get checked and unchecked and leave your camera unable to detect movement.  These cameras seem to be very unreliable, sometimes it will detect a small movement, but not a person walking up your steps or a car 15 feet away.  And on windy days, forget it, constant B.S. alerts,and if you dare turn down the sensors you will surely miss something important.  It's happened to me more times than I care to recall.  

1 REPLY 1
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Try setting up custom modes instead of using the built in armed mode. Custom modes, imho, seem to work better especially with retaining settings.