Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Motion Detection Problem

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
marcoa
Follower
Follower

Hi There. I have an ARLO PRO camera positioned as such in my driveway. When I open the gate and walk inside, the camera does not detect motion. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

PIR motion sensors work best with motion acrosss the FOV. You have motion directly at the camera making it difficult for the sensor to detect. If there's no other way to mount the camera rotate it 90 degrees. It'll be a pain to watch since there's no rotation capability for that arrangement but you'll at least get usable videos.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi marcoa,

I have provided a KB with some useful information regarding the motion sensing and placement. This should help you find the ideal placement.

Optimizing Motion Detection

Ibcruzn
Guide
Guide

We have a similar problem on our driveway. Our only solution, as mentioned by one of the responders, is to move our driveway camera so we pick up sideway motion instead of direct into the camera motion. We did have one occurence where we changed out the battery and the 4 pin connector inside the camera had one pin that somehow went upwards when we installed the newly charged battery, once we put the pin in the right place, our motion detection was back up and running as witnessed by the little motion detection person on the Arlo Pro app going dark instead of staying gray. Good luck and hope you find a solution.