Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Mic Lag

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jackiewick
Follower
Follower

I have no micro phone how do I fix this

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

app or web ??

If on an app, test it on a computer at https://arlo.netgear.com/  with fire fox or chrome...the mic option should pop up as a window to click on

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Ronnie4946
Guide
Guide
I cannot be heard from the camera. Either from my phone or my desktop. I can hear them but I hold the mic button down and nothing happens.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the app, make sure all app permissions are selected in the phone settings. For the computer, adjust the mic gain in your sound card settings. In addition, check Settings, My Devices, your camera, Audio Settings to ensure the mic is enabled.

Ronnie4946
Guide
Guide
Thank you for the reply. I’ve done all of that and checked my internet speed. The microphone option is set up however the lag is so bad the feature is useless. My download/upload speeds are all fine and I brought the camera closer to the base. Just way too much lag to be used as advertised. It’s really a great idea, but in my opinion, there’s too much going on between the camera , base and cloud for this not to have considerable lag.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The lag is due to the cloud nature of this beast. All communications pass through the servers, not via your local network. You can suggest local audio/video in the Idea Exchange section here as well as to add kudos to existing threads.