Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - Live streaming but no recording needed

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
pathfinder1616
Aspirant
Aspirant

I moved to Arlo Pro to avoid having to pay a subscription for recordings. However, I have 6 cameras and only need 5 of them to record. However, it appears I can't even watch the streamed live video on the 6th one without upgrading the subscription plan. What are my options? I have a second base station...can I leverage that in some way to make it work? Please advise!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pathfinder1616,

To clarify, open a second Arlo account using the second base station (with a new/different email address than your first Arlo account). After that new account is open and the second base station is claimed on that account, sync the 6th camera to that base station.

From there, you can share access to the 6th camera with your original account using the Grant Access feature. For steps on how this is done, see here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

If you need additional help, please let us know.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
We one base station with at ?east one camera system check. Use a second email address to set up a second account. Then use Settings, Grant Access from one account to the other so all cameras are seen in one !login.
pathfinder1616
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry ... the typos are throwing me off... do I need to use the second base station or not?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

YES... above would require a second base unit

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I really need a physical keyboard for my tablet...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pathfinder1616,

To clarify, open a second Arlo account using the second base station (with a new/different email address than your first Arlo account). After that new account is open and the second base station is claimed on that account, sync the 6th camera to that base station.

From there, you can share access to the 6th camera with your original account using the Grant Access feature. For steps on how this is done, see here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

If you need additional help, please let us know.

JamesC