Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Live Feed Still Lagging Behind and Cutting Out

Discussion stats
jasonp2737
Apprentice
Apprentice

Netgear.... I have had constant issues with my live play video pausing and lagging about 1 minute behind. Looks like a ton of us have. It started after your last update. I spoke with one of your techs last week and he advised me that it was due to my internet speeds. I’m at the bottom of the required upload speed (1Mbps). I have had the system for over a year and it has never been a problem until this last update. Since speaking with the tech last week, I have seen countless people posting the same problem on the message boards. I have interacted with several, and they have much faster internet speeds than me. I have also taken my base station and one of my cameras to another home with internet upload speeds 10x faster than mine. Same issue. Live feed cuts in and out and lags behind 30 seconds to 1 minute, so this obviously isn't due to internet speeds. I have already tried everything you all suggest. Rebooted the base station multiple times and tried changing the flicker adjustment on the base station, which took 2 of my 4 cameras offline even after I changed it back. Nothing is working. I absolutely love this camaera system and would like to keep it. At this point, it appears that a lot of your customers cannot fully use your product, due to you breaking it. Please fix this. 

69 REPLIES 69
Taneth
Star
Star

Mine continues to be a problem on Iphone and via the web.... I've even tried with only 1 camera plugged in and it sitting next to the base station, same lag issue.

Reginahall
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yepmune is still lagging I was recommended this system wish I could get a refund not happy at all
FMISCHEAUX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the last update we have had countless problems and our internet service is comcast business and is very fast. The problems we have is the video actually freezed and pizels being to appear, lasting anywhere from 15 seconds to a couple of minutes. The live stream is delayed by 30 seconds of real time. 

szabi510
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same prob.Very very laggy...... And NOT my internet connection slow. I bought it a year and a half ago. So it is useless. Can I give it back somehow to store in Europe? Netgear do you hear people's voice???

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Everybody

What Device/Model/OS are you running? Do you have the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App installed?

Taneth
Star
Star

Hi,

Iphone 6, IOS 12.1 latest Arlo app installed. Issue also appears on Web so it's not mobile device related. 

Again.. this system was working PERFECTLY on IOS and Web for nearly 12 months until May this year.

Your team has clearly released something in an update that's screwed the system for a number of YOUR customers.  

Greg0101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have to agree up until May this year the app, cameras, recordings everything had been working.  Since May this product has failed to deliver in all counts, from the new app interface to constant camera being offline to batteries draining within less than a week, intermittent recordings, etc etc ect.

thue current app, the image I see is not the most recent recording, it's sometime the recording from the previous day or earlier in the morning.  When you go into live mode and come back out, the image is refreshed.  Never had that issue with old app.

past 6 months have been incredibly frustrating and have the really ask the question what is Arlo doing about it?

tonycap
Star
Star
iPhone 7 and a windows 10 operating sys on laptop .
My Arlo sys was working perfectly untill a May up date and it’s been crap since and seems every update since has added another glitch . I’ve sent back the Arlo pros now .
Reginahall
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do u return the Arlo pros as I’d like a full refund and my money back !!
Reginahall
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an iPhone n it’s crap still delayed worst item I’ve ever brought
tonycap
Star
Star
I bought mine through Amazon and they have a no problem return policy thank god .
Patriots83
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just recently purchased the Arlo Pro and noticed when installing the camera that there’s a 30 second lag. I haven’t gotten intouch with IT yet and figure that I’d do my research (which I should have done prior to purchasing the camera). If this is a so called “security camera” how are you able to stop someone from stealing your **bleep** from your door if there’s a delay? Or what if somebody is in trouble it would be too late to help/save a person.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Patriots83

Have you tried to reboot your base station and test again? What are you ISP speed?

Jsg420
Initiate
Initiate

I also have been experiencing the lag and cutting in and out on the live video stream.  What I have found is that if I let it stream it will cut in and out but after about two(2) minutes the cutting in and out stops and it streams just fine.  Can anyone else confirm that this also is the case for them?  I find it hard to believe that it would be my internet as the issue corrects itself everytime after about two(2) minutes.

GordoT
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS

I have also seen this delay on bother computer and Phone App. Although much better than 6 mos ago, there is still a lag in the CVR playback.  There is also the delay of ~30 sec for live viewing of cameras and delayed ability of viewing the recorded video up to minutes after the detection notification is sent (usually within a few seconds of detection).   I used to be able to view the live camera after a detection notification while the video is being saved, but that has now gone away!  You need to bring this feature back along with clearing up the lag.  I have 150Mbps up and down and still get the lags.  Oh, Also voice seems to be randomly intermittant while video is still active.  

Emc27
Initiate
Initiate

This statement would be funny if it wasn't true.  Lag is horrible which can equal worthless unless I want to watch the deer and cats.  I wouldn't recommend this system to anyone.

Taneth
Star
Star

Would someone from Arlo like to respond to this thread, or is it if you ignore it for long enough the problem will go away. Your customer service is appalling.

tonycap
Star
Star
Arlo claims they are aware of the issues and are working on them it’s been over a year and still no resolution I don’t think they really give a **bleep** about us they just seem to be pumping out new equipment and new models and to hell with the rest of us
2MuchMoney4Junk
Initiate
Initiate
Is Arlo gonna actually address this issue or what? You can buy Xaomi cameras for $50 that have zero lag but then spend $500 for an Arlo system that lags by minutes and their customer service is crap and they clearly don’t care!
jfprafij
Tutor
Tutor
Well said, evidently this company does not care, the funny thing is this is been going on for extremely long time along with many other issues and hey, I got a good idea let’s produce some new products and try to sell them.