Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Lag between motion and recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bufordtigers
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning. I recently purchased an Arlo Pro system as we have had a few packages stolen as well as cars being looked in (trying to find car doors that are open and then they grab stuff). Overall I am very pleased except for the significant lag between motion being detected and the recording starting.

My motion sensativity is set to 90% and as you can see from this video, it nearly misses me. I pulled into my driveway, sat there for 15 seconds, then opened the garage, let it open completely, then got out - all in nearly 30 seconds from the time I parked my car until I got out. The video barely captured anything - https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/9CF7A844DEF67FC0_201612

My base station is roughly 20 feet away (office on main floor) and my wireless router is another 20 feet away (basement). It has the latest firmware, etc. 

Any suggestions? This is really bumming me out.... thanks! 

PS - It also never captures any movement inside the cul-de-sac (school buses, mail trucks, etc.) and from the video, you can see there is a clear line of sight into the cul-de-sac.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just got the Arlo Pro yesterday so I had been doing a lot of reading on it to understand how it works.  I think the motion detect on the wireless system is IR heat detection.   So I think it is not going to work very well with your car's movement unless your car is running very warm.   And your camera angle is straight on to the driveway so it is not the best angle as the motion detect works best on side to side movement.  When you got out of the car, your side to side movement combine with your body heat trigger the motion detection.

And the distance on motion detection is about 20 to 25 feet.  It looks like your driveway is about 2 cars length deep.. so around 18 to 22 feet?   It probably won't detect any motion on the street.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just got the Arlo Pro yesterday so I had been doing a lot of reading on it to understand how it works.  I think the motion detect on the wireless system is IR heat detection.   So I think it is not going to work very well with your car's movement unless your car is running very warm.   And your camera angle is straight on to the driveway so it is not the best angle as the motion detect works best on side to side movement.  When you got out of the car, your side to side movement combine with your body heat trigger the motion detection.

And the distance on motion detection is about 20 to 25 feet.  It looks like your driveway is about 2 cars length deep.. so around 18 to 22 feet?   It probably won't detect any motion on the street.

bufordtigers
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for that feedback. I may move them to see if that helps.