Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Lucky123
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo pro cameras keep saying "The media server has intentionally stopped streaming" and or "The connection to the camera has timed out". What could be causing this and what can I do to prevent it from continuing to happen

29 REPLIES 29
Jneal4810
Tutor
Tutor

So annoying . I've had nothing but issue after issue with Arlo. This same issue is happening to me too

VRW
Star
Star

media server intentionally stopped  ....  Why would it "intentionally stop"??   

This started with the latest mobile app update.  I think Netgear/Arlo needs new software engineers that can write code.  I have had nothing but trouble with this system since I purchased it.  I recently had a camera go offline for no reason.  I had to power it down to reconnect.  Arlo is unreliable!   I want my money back Netgear!  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Lucky123

What firmware version is your Base Station/Cameras running? Have you tried to reboot the base station & test again?

Jneal4810
Tutor
Tutor
The system is just too glitchy. I'm a network engineer for my company and I've never come across a lack there of software from Arlo .
Lucky123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will try the reboot
VRW
Star
Star

Base firmware version 1.11.90_26520  It says it is the most recent

the only thing that has not been replace since I purchased the system is the base station.

Just now I have a camera with blue video.....  There is always something with this system...

NETGEAR I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

BGPunggol
Guide
Guide
After last year fiasco and waiting for Arlo engineers to resolve the battery drain issue, why must u mess around with the firmware again! For the past 2 days we have problem logging on as the app keep saying we are offline. Done all the rebooting but still no use. Please don't take another 4 months to resolve the issue and destroy ur hard earned trust Arlo. Keeping fingers cross this is a blip and not another major self inflicted crisis.
VRW
Star
Star

Does anyone at Netgear read these??  People are dissatisfied and Netgear is not doing anything to fix these issues.  At some point they will just EOL the product and that will be it.... 

KCMeacham3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. We just bought an Arlo system on Friday...and every time the camera has activated due to motion and I try to view it....I get that same message. I'm taking ours back. It's becoming obvious that Arlo is worthless as a home security system.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@KCMeacham3

What firmware version is your base/cameras running? Have you tried to reboot the base station and test again?

HCBelcher
Initiate
Initiate
Yes, I should not have to reboot, reset, power off, reconnect my video SECURITY SYSTEM multiple times a day. Either fix the KNOWN ISSUES, provide functioning replacements or refund our money.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@HCBelcher

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

KCMeacham3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, and updated firmware as well.

BGPunggol
Guide
Guide
Firmware has compatibility issue!! And it's terribly SLOWWW. You'll have to kill the app a few times before you get the status on your camera. And it seems to only work for Android Pie. Other version you can't even get into the camera at all. I've resetted the base and done every sync possible but NOTHING WORKS! Arlo, please do not upgrade your firmware before thoroughly testing it, please. You are starting to inflict the same fiasco of 2017 all over again.
sclcpa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did anyone find a fix?  I wish I never bought his product and went with a hardwire system.  I have had so many issues this is the last one.  The batteries need to be recharged every 60 days or less now.  The support is terrible. They need to get thier act together or they will be oiut of business.

Rikee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two systems located at two locations. One is not having the problem but the other is.

Working one is hardware VMB4000r3 firmware 1.12.0.1_27940.

The one giving the error messages is the same.

P perhaps the app is the culprit. Would be nice to dl/install previous version.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I've seen this recently and it seems to always occur at the end of a recording when it pops up for me. I quickly dismiss it and check the new recording and all is fine. This rather leads me to believe that it's a debug message, perhaps due to a timing issue where it should be squashed but sometimes slips through. At least for me, it doesn't seem to be causing an issue other than needing to clear the message.
Rikee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Latest ARLO app update seems to have solved the issue. No more of these messages are popping up.

Thank you ARLO!

Halloween1
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo  pro Ed to high and geez 100 no wire pain in the

Halloween1
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo RIP

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Thank you for adding intelligent remarks to this thread. You've been oh, so helpful.

RAYDAD
Initiate
Initiate
Obviously Netgear has a serious software issue. I have had my Arlo for many years with little problem until the past several weeks (?months). Recently we also get the message that "the server has intentionally stopped streaming". In your above response to a customer with the same issue, you stated that you would open up a case for him and private message him when the fix becomes available. How about the rest of us?. Please fix the problem and send out a software patch. Please notify all users when this becomes available with instructions on how to update base station software. A security system which unpredictsbly cuts out is just an electronic paperweight!
ajackson08
Tutor
Tutor

What RAYDAD said! Please let the rest of us know when the issue has been resolved. We have all paid and purchased your service. Would like to have it working properly.

Wiccalulu
Initiate
Initiate
Updated
now all I get is the media server has intentionally stopped streaming.

You guys suck.
Don't put out an app the screws people over

Anyone out there btw Reolink Cameras are awesome totally wireless and consistent app and

I'm slowly switching over as my cameras break, which with 15 cameras in 2 years I have 8 left, arlo sucks