Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Navicula
Aspirant
Aspirant

All LEDs on base are Green, video recording in Feed, Notifications normal. "Offline" only appears in "Devices" view.   

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted your phone and reinstalled the app? Does the web client (my.arlo.com) on a computer show the same thing?

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

I've noticed this, too, that since the last app upgrade on Android, my cameras, SmartHub and other devices temporarily show offline, even though the green light is on. Obviously, there are no logs to check, probably in case we found out that the system is offline too often than it should be, but definitely another issue to be resolved. And it's not my setup/environment!

Navicula
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agreed, and it's getting worse. I've the same Arlo equipment and set up for many years without experiencing this type of problem.  

Navicula
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I rebooted phone but not yet reloaded app… I wanted to see what the web client showed but got the “come back later” message. Rebooting phone did not help. I am checking web client again now, then I'll reload mobile app pending what web client shows (if anything). Will advise…   

Navicula
Aspirant
Aspirant

Web Client shows same thing... Base and Cameras all show Offline.  About a month ago, my Base unit wasn't connecting to internet (Amber LED), so I ended up performing a total hard Reset on Arlo Base, my Verizon 5G Wi-Fi, and I re-synced all cameras to Base (nothing done with mobile app).  All good until a few days ago. This is now a new problem only appears in Devices mode.  I don't get it... if the Base unit is connected and actually communicating on internet, I'm curious what type of problem on my system end could produce this symptom?    

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Navicula 

Is this offline messaging always active or does it appear and go away? 

Navicula
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been continuous since it first appeared some weeks ago. 

Navicula
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm at a total loss.  Arlo support guy told me to delete the Base from account. Now I can't get it reconnected.  I even tried a new spare base unit I got when I bought a fifth camera. I used this spare base a few weeks ago for another issue I was having and it worked fine. now I can't connect either Base unit! I get the red circled X message saying... "No Arlo devise found." I'm running out of time and patience.  I've done so many resets, reboots, cable changes, I'm just giving up and going to purchase something else. 

Navicula
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just gave up. Ditching my whole Arlo system, I can't deal with this nonsense. This morning, the Arlo support team had me delete the Base from my account and now they can't get it reconnected!  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Navicula 

I see you have a vmb4000 added to your account, are you still experiencing these symptoms?

athomeuser
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the VMB4000 and it also had been working reliably for years. Cameras base station and internet are the same and in the same place. Now it cannot be trusted to stay online while I am away. The lights on the base station are always green but the cameras intermittently show the camera is offline - always all at the same time. It happens sporadically and they come back on eventually but miss any activity in the interim, unlike the other person there is nothing in my feed during this time. I have tried all of the rebooting, removing, etc. recommended without resolution.  The app will show the base station and or camera is offline even when sitting next to the base station with all its green lights on. I have app version 4.19_28720. It would seem this is related timing wise to an app update. I would like to return to the old one that works.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @athomeuser 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Navicula
Aspirant
Aspirant

Totally agree! How many times do we need to reset the entire system?  I just had it happen again, although now it comes back after a while on its own.  I've installed a new VBB4000, same exact thing! ... This is not a local system glitch, it's an Arlo issue in my view. 

athomeuser
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried rebooting the base station, removing the battery, removing the camera from the base and resyncing. I have tried removing cameras one by one, wait and see, still occurs. I removed all cameras from the base at the same time with no change. No matter what I have tried, it still says offline. I appreciate any insight.