Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Geomanz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

Just got a Pro for Christmas and it works great. Using iPhone/iPad and don't see any way to create a mode. I have three standard modes but no ability to edit or create a new one. I simply want to record more then 10 sec!

What am I missing?

Geo

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On MODE page under the used base. at bottom of page is ADD A MODE...

The IOS app had had a few glitches with the last release... can you check on a  PC ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Geomanz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It is simply not there! I will check on a PC.

Thanks,

George

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Geomanz,

It sounds like you may be using a shared account via the Grant Access feature. This could be why you do not have this option. Do you see this feature when viewing from the primary account?

JamesC

Geomanz
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems there is different functionality for the iOS app that is dependent on the device/OS version. The app on the most updated iOS (10.2) has LESS functionality than on an older iPAD 2(9.3.5).

I hope this is addressed soon! 

Two way way communication is missing as well as the ability to add and/or adjust modes.

Please update!!!

George

Geomanz wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It is simply not there! I will check on a PC.

Thanks,

George

Geomanz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't rule out the grant access aspect.

George

Inspector3
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issues with my Arlo Pro System. Under Edit Mode: Rules none of the default rules: ARMED, DISARMED, Schedule, or GEOFENCING, let me select a time interval to record video. I really dont want to create a whole  new rule to arm cameras and record for longer than 10 seconds. thats TOO short to catch what I need!

Yes, I am using the ios apple app for ARLO but I have also tried on my macbook pro with NO RESULTS. The arlo software so far is severely lacking and tips the scales into the negative cons compared to the wireless and wifi pros. Basically the Mode feature is a boolean flow chart.

Name your rule:(i.e. ARMED) 

IF motion or audio

THEN

record video

or

do nothing

ADD

Push Notifications

&/or

send email

in the record video check button you need to ADD for how long (time interval)   !!!!!!!

It shouldn't be this aggravating to find a way to extend the apparent default recording time of 10 seconds !!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Inspector3,

Take a look here for more information on how to adjust recording length: How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

JamesC