Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - How far from camera does it clearly pick up conversations

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gr8Ruffian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thinking of purchasing a set of 3 or 4 cameras and was trying to find out how far away from the camera does it record conversations.  For the front door, I would like to have the two way audio.  Will it work with a laptop, tablet or just with smartphones?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's going to be a fairly close range... The audio pickup on mine is good ( at camera) but some have trouble with phones ( audio coming from camera ) due to issues with features on the phones ( no mic gain control ), PC s usu work well as most can increase mic level

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Gr8Ruffian
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is about 15 feet from where I want to place the camera...I tend to use a laptop, yoga pro2 since it is so compact so I was wondering if we were speaking at regular conversation tones would it be able to pick up the whole conversation triggered by audio detection as there are a couple of wood fences in between...this is along a driveway.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Prob not at 15 ft

Morse is faster than texting!
Gr8Ruffian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!  I like the flexibility of these cameras especially for coverage of the front, side and back doors.  Appreciate all your help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In troubleshooting my case with support about weak speaker output from the camera when using a mobile device, I was told by support that 3 feet was the recommended distance.