Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro H8 vs. H11

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
dnice191
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all,

I recently bought an Alro Pro base station and camera pack. Then I added another Arlo Pro camera. I just noticed that the add-on Arlo Pro cam(H11) is picking up cars going by on my street whereas the Arlo Pro(H8) never picked them up even at the highest sensitivity.

I can’t find a recent firmware update so I’m only left to assume that the newer hardware can detect motion further away. Does this sound right? It kind of makes me want to return the base station and camera pack so I can get a newer, better model.
6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@dnice191

It appears you may be right. Here is a post where people are discussing this.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/What-s-different-between-hardware-version-H7-and-H11/td-p/1200...

I just got a new Pro camera this week and it is still at H8. I don't know how you could insure that you would get another H11 if you exchanged systems.

Brian

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

It looks like H11 has been around a while.......??? with original Arlo, not the Pro! That’s what they’re talking about in that post.

brh
Master
Master

@Paul_FCCL

Upon reading the post at that link a little bit more closely, it appears you are right. I quess that only the people at Arlo really know for sure what the different hardware numbers mean. Maybe someone that does know will chime in.

Brian

dnice191
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah I’m a little confused by that thread’s discussion of Arlo vs. Arlo Pro. Is there an H11 or H7 tied to the original Arlo as well?

Because obviously both of my cameras are Arlo Pro and I’ve got an H8 and an H11.

I guess I wouldn’t exchange my Arlo Pro unless there was some way on the box to determine the hardware model. At the very least I’d like to know the difference so I can position my cameras strategically.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As I understand it, the different hardware versions simply reflect different components or minor engineering changes. Components may no longer be available or something had to be changed for some reason that doesn't affect the general operation of the device. I have multiple versions of various cameras and can't tell the difference.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is as jguerdat states above, the "HX" refers to hardware revisions over time. These hardware revisions do not affect the general operation of the device.

JamesC