Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro (H8) Rust and Corrosion around Mount Screw

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I live on the East Coast of Florida near the coast.  I have 5 Arlo Pro cameras - 4 of which are mounted outside.  Every one of the of camera's mounted outside are having the same issues: heavy rust and corrosion around the mount screw.  At least two of them are now unable to be used to recharge the batteries which leads me to believe that the internals of USB ports are also rusted.  I'm now looking at a bunch of paper weights... 😞 

Is anyone else having the same issues?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always use the Contact Support link at the bottom here which may result in replacements. Based on your description, I'd also be considering use of a grease to help keep the corrosive moisture out of the threads.

As for the charging ports, it may just be moisture, etc. in the ports. You may not have had the port fully sealed allowing moisture in but even if you did, a small amount of dielectric grease on the port cover (small enough to make sure it doesn't get on the USB contacts) to help seal could be useful. Even a piece of tape over the sealed port could be useful.

I'd still start with support about possible replacements. If not replaced, an external charging station may be the best solution for charging.