Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro (H11) will not connect after Nov 20, 2020 firmware update (1.092.0.28.56.991)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bohica123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Everyone, 

Has anyone experienced a similar situation recently, and been able to resolve?

Overview:

Following a recent pushed Arlo firmware update, 2 out of 3 cameras will now not allow connection (to live stream), and are not providing motion alerts. 

All cameras show connected to base station, and when cycled off/on, return to online status. Wi-fi is strong and shows connected.

Everything has been stable and functional for last 2+ years, until the end of Nov., 2020 firmware update.

Is there a way to downgrade the recent firmware, to the prior version?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions to help resolve this recent issue.

Have loved Arlo until now 😞

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no way to downgrade the firmware and really no reason to since there are likely fixes in there that are required for security. While it is a PITA, remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Note all settings, modes, rules, etc. before doing this to speed the rebuild. You can probably leave the cameras installed at their locations to sync - pre-position a ladder, briefly press the base sync button then go out to the camera and press the camera sync button. You have 2 minutes to do this which is generally plenty of time.

Bohica123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your insights, I do appreciate the suggestions.

I'll give it a try, and hopefully will get back to more stable and useful product.

I've had these for so long and working well, so will be nice to get them back to fully operational.

Thank you!