Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Granting Access and Cant remove granted access

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
traindisp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Recently I granted access to my Arlo while on VACATION - worked well once i granted it. Now that I am back, I wanted to remove the access, but the person is no longer listed under granted access. As a matter of fact there is no one on that list, yet the person that i granted access still has access. I was told by Arlo to reset Device, but that didn't help, because they still have access. Anyone have this issue and if so, what did you do to resolve this issue?
15 REPLIES 15
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @traindisp

Have you checked for the granted user on the Arlo Mobile App & The web portal? Are they not appearing on both platforms?

traindisp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, checked both IOS App and Web Portal - both show granted list empty. :-(..... 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@traindisp

Did you reboot the base station or did you perform a factory reset?

traindisp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reboot the Base Station through the APP as recommended by ARLO

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@traindisp

I would suggest letting the Customer Support team know you tried their suggestion when you got home without any positive results. I have attached your case number here for reference: 40798015

traindisp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You are welcome!

traindisp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spent about an hour on CHAT with ARLO Help this evening.. Could not get issue resolved and they told me this issue is getting escalted and should receive a call. He also said this should not be happening and could end up being a security risk. Thanks for those who made suggestions and tried to help me... I will post a solution once we get this figured out... 

traindisp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update for those following and trying to help - I had to be escalated to LEVEL 2 support to get issue resolved. But still none of the above fixed issue as we tried multiple things. When talking to LEVEL 2 help, he had mentioned that I was the 2nd person he ran into with this problem. 

The FIX WAS - we had to log into the person who was GRANTED ACCESS into their ACCOUNT and DELETE each camera they had access to my camera's. And YES they considered this a RESOLVED SOLUTION!! For me on the other hand, I will not be GRANTING ACCESS anymore, unless I have ACCESS to that USERS ACCOUNT for my SECURITY.  

They may not admit it, but there is a BUG in their SYSTEM - I would have never known this issue, had it not been my Son who I GRANTED ACCESS to. Thank God!!

Very Disappointed on the ACCESS part, however I still like having my ARLO Camera's  and I can do without GRANTING ACCESS to anyone.. 

ARLO, if you are reading this - for my troubles, I need TWO more ARLO PRO 2 CAMERA's -- Thanks!  LoL

Don't get me wrong, they took my issue seriously, but once that access was removed, it was considered resolved on my end. However, they will be reviewing my case for future updates, i'm sure. So i'm sure we have an update coming soon. 

Thanks to everyone who helped! 

jamestylin
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have similar problem with my arlo baby.

After I removed my friends, they are still seeing this device in their app. They can only see “getting status”, not live feed, but they still can see the snapshot background when the device is getting status. While they will not be able to stream, but the snapshot will update from time to time and they can still see it.

I can not believe this very basic stuff is not taken care properly. ONCE A USER IS REMOVED, HE/SHE SHOLD NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THE DEVICE. This makes me feel unsafe and my privacy is not well protected.

Please fix this soon, arlo. Thanks.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jamestylin

Is it possible to have the previous granted access user remove their App & Re-install it?

Does the user see your cameras from the web browser as well?

traindisp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello All, 

To save you the headache and time spent with Arlo on the phone, here is the solution we ended up having to do.. Because, it took several calls and escalations - meaning hours I will never get back working with ARLO to fix it.. 

Yes they were at a loss, but at the end, we had to get access to the person account who was granted access that had temporary access  to my camera's and we had to remove each camera from his account.  After we did that, then I logged into my account and removed him from Granted Access.  Then the issue was resolved... But why would you have to do that? The answer still remains "UNKNOWN" from ARLO. 

To go further, my father who has Arlo as well, I granted him access as well, since he has the app - he complained he was getting to much notices from my camera's. So I shut him off and the notices stopped, however the # on the APP that tells you have a notice kept rising as he was still getting acces "yikes". It was like several thousand notices he could not get it to clear and my dad spent hours with ARLO on the phone and they could not figure it out. So we decided to do what we did with my son who had access before. I authorized my Dad to the camera's once again. He logged into his account, removed all my cameras's, once he removed my camera's, I removed him from Granted Access. Then wala, the # on the App dropped from thousands to a hand full of his own cameras..

Needless to say, there are some bugs in this system, so therefore, I will no longer be granting access to any of my camera's to anyone... It is what it is, but I still like my camera's... 

Hope this helps you and anyone else having this same issues...

jamestylin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @traindisp 

Thanks for sharing! 

To me, this is very basic and fundamental functions for Arlo system. Arlo really needs to get this fixed soon! It makes no sense at all for me to ask another person to login and remove the device on their own while I have already removed them from my app.

Fintwin2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm assuming deleting the devices and adding them back would fix it too right? I went as far as deleting the devices in my account, creating a new account and readding these devices to the new account. I cant validate if this will prevent access for the person I had granted and removed but do you know if that would also work? My assumption is yes but just curious if anyone can validate.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fintwin2 wrote:
I cant validate if this will prevent access for the person I had granted and removed but do you know if that would also work? 

That should work, since granting access is done at the account level.  You can validate it yourself by putting the devices back into the original account, and granting access to a third account.  Then move the devices back, and confirm that the third account can't see them.