Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
ZacEv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyone else still experiencing issues with geo fencing on ios15?

Been back and forth with support for months and still not working on my 2nd device. Have to keep opening the app.
Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Can you download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.6 & iOS 15.4 and try again.

If you do not see the update for Arlo, you can remove the app and reinstall from the app store.

25 REPLIES 25
Ambii
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue. If both my wife and I goes into the app then geofencing is working. But it doesnt work normally eventhough GPS location is on all the time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.6 & iOS 15.4 and try again.

If you do not see the update for Arlo, you can remove the app and reinstall from the app store.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShayneS wrote:

FWIW, I didn't immediately see it in the update list (with iOS).  But I searched for "Arlo Technologies" in the main page of app store, and then selected the Arlo app.  That gave me an option to update (in place of the usual "open").  That was easier then removing/reinstalling.

Ambii
Tutor
Tutor
I have already done that. Now we will see if it helps.
ZacEv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Updated both phones so will see over the next few days.

Does Arlo know what the issue is and do they think these updates resolve it?
Ambii
Tutor
Tutor

We have updated both phones.

My wife went running this morning and it armed when she left and disarmed when coming back. I realized that my app had logged out, so I logged in again. When I left the house it armed again eventhough my wife were still at home. I restarted the base while away from home and had my wife to go into the app. Then it disarmed. 

She has now left for work and it armed correctly again.

Somehow you need to open the app on both phones now and then to get it to work.

ZacEv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still the same. One device is currently not at home but showing as though it is.

I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to get right. We have other apps that use geo fencing and we don’t have any issues with those.
ZacEv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Didn’t want to jinx it but it’s been working fine for about a week and then yesterday reverted back and the additional phone went back to not knowing it’s location, main phone still working ok
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is everyone updated to the lates iOS 15.4.1 & Android app v3.6 on all the phones? 

ZacEv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes all running the latest. What specific bug fixes are in these versions that you would expect the fix the issue?
Little_boobah
Tutor
Tutor

All my devices/firmware/apps are updated and geofencing ONLY works when I am home. When home, geofencing then arms based on my schedule I have set. The second I leave home it disarms, despite setting geofencing to arm while away. I have to manually arm my system when leaving. 

This is a pattern, every time Arlo app gets updated, the geofencing breaks. 

iOS 15.4.1 version 3.6.4

Arlo base firmware 1.18.0.3, camera firmware 1.092.1.0

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Can you download the latest version of the iOS app 3.6.5 as well as iOS 15.5 and test this issue again.

If you do not see the update within the App Store, please remove & Re-install the Arlo app and you will see the update icon in the App Store.

Thanks 

Ambii
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Again

It has actually been working now for awhile at our place. The only thing is that sometimes the app logs out by itself and then it doesnt work. Otherwise it has been working at our place.

ZacEv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have updated, will see how it goes this time. It was definitely better last time but still signed out the 2nd device after a while
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Just wanted to check in to see how the new app version is going with Geofencing?

Thanks 

Little_boobah
Tutor
Tutor

I just sent some logs this morning. Still broken, even with the new updates. whomp whomp. 

It's strange that it works when I am home and goes based off my schedule, but as soon as I leave instead of going into 'away' mode it says 'Geofencing Home is now Home mode'. So something is triggering it backwards (although it doesn't say that I am away when I am home).

ZacEv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still seems ok at the minute but still getting duplicate notifications
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ZacEv

Do you have this setting Settings on your iPghonr > Arlo Secure > Geofencing > location in/out

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ZacEv

Do you have this setting Settings on your iPghonr > Arlo Secure > Geofencing > location in/out

Can you try switching on/off or vice versa.

ZacEv
Aspirant
Aspirant
It was on so turned it off
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Let me know the results.

Thank you 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Little_boobah

Is this occurring on Android or iOS, which version do you have installed? 

Thank

Little_boobah
Tutor
Tutor

Version 3.6.5 (3415)

ios 15.5

ZacEv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still receiving duplicate notifications