Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Geofencing doesnt work and net gear doesnt care!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
soo
Tutor
Tutor

So I paid the higher price tag to purchase the "Pro" system instead of the HD system, come to find out the Geofencing doesnt work with multiple users.  I spoke with Netgear support and they stated they are aware that it doesnt work but its still in beta mode and they are working on it.  Wait this version was released last year and they still havent fixed it and sell it as a feature of their product in the stores today?  So why isnt that posted anywhere on this site or their main page?   

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

soo,

Geofencing is designed to operate on a "first in, last out basis". This means that if any device is in the Geofencing radius the "Home" mode will enable, and the "Away" mode should only enable when the last device has left the radius. 

How does the first in, last out principal work with geofencing mode for my Arlo cameras?

For this to work be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

When using multiple devices, the secondary devices should be logged into the app via shared account through the "Grant Access" feature so that both devices are logged in using the mobile app. Take a look at this article for more information: How do I add and manage multiple mobile devices for geofencing?

If you are having trouble with this, consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Log in to your Arlo Account (the primary) and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo system > edit Geofencing > click "Enabled devices". Toggle all of the listed devices off and save. After you have finished saving, navigate back to "Enabled devices" and toggle all desired devices back on and save.

JamesC

soo
Tutor
Tutor

James C 

I found your same post you posted about a year ago concerning the issue.  Yes I tried them and it still didnt work!  I contacted your call center and they told me excactly what I stated about you know its a issue, but still continue to sell the unit.  This is so frustrating because the amount of money you charge and basically say well everything else works.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

soo,

Geofencing is compatible with more than one device if you have set up a shared account for the desired devices. What issue are you experiencing that indicates it is not working with multiple devices?

JamesC

soo
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC

It doesnt recognize my 2nd device when its home and away.  As I mentioned before I tried all the "fixes" you have been posting for the past year and nothing.   I called your support line and they said sorry everything else works and that you are aware of the issue when multiple devices are being used.  So after a year + NetGear states its still in beta mode and they are working on the fix.  Im sure you can see my open ticket.  How in the world can Arlo continue to advertise and sell claiming your system offers mutiple user Geofencing when it doesnt work and you know it!  This really is upsetting that your company continues to and market your product at the higher end of the price scale.  I paid 500+ for the features it offered not only some of the features-

Addyhash
Apprentice
Apprentice

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm07qoy03vvmb2m/Capture%2B_2017-07-05-17-26-03.png?dl=0

this is a screenshot from my phone,  connected to internet, location on,  and i'm in my study typing this...  apparently im out of zone,  and my missus, who is currently at work 15k's away is in zone lol...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many users have had success resolving this issue by checking their mobile devices battery saving settings. Some devices have battery optimization settings that close or put apps to sleep after they have been idle for a period of time. Check your mobile devices settings and be sure that an exception is made for Arlo if you are running battery saving settings.

JamesC