Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Firmware Update

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
maurice2211
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I just purchased the Arlo Pro Base Station with 1 Arlo Pro camera last night.  Everything is setup and working properly.  I see that my firmware is not at the latest version and after researching in this community page, I see that the firmware should have updated itself.  My Arlo Pro Camera firmware is currently 1.085.0.0_8669.  My Arlo Pro Base Station is 1.8.2.3_9907.  I also saw that the auto firmware updates typically happen between 3-5am.  I've power cycled the base station to see if it would trigger an update, no luck.  Is this a problem or will the firmware update eventually find its way to my devices?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It should... it is hard to force an update, usu the reboot of the base works overnight.

As long as all is functional it will be a minor update.

this may explain and help;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-update-my-Arlo-firmware-manually/ta-p/...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
maurice2211
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased an additional Arlo Pro camera today and the firmware for it was already on the latest version. It synced and was working fine but the other Pro camera and pro base still were outdated with no updates available even after rebooting. I saw elsewhere on this forum that someone changed the DNS address on their router to 8.8.8.8, reboot the Arlo Pro base and all devices were able to get updates. I tried this and I was also able to get updates to show up on my devices and successfully complete the process. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yeah, some ISPs seem to have issues with DNS for some reason.  What ISP are you using?  It would be worth opening a case with support here as well as with the ISP to sort this out.

maurice2211
Tutor
Tutor
I use Xfinity.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't remember the details but a foggy memory seems to recall that Comcast was one with the problem.

FWIW, I haven't used the ISP (Time Warner, now Spectrum) DNS servers since forever.  I use OpenDNS but the Google ones should be fine, too, as you found.