Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro: Empty patches of no recording even with audio and motion sensors enabled

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
abnegator
Follower
Follower

*model number VMB4000.

I purchased 3 camera + base station set and have been using it for couple of months. I have to say the product is unreliable because I have noticed patches of time / minutes where the recording is completely missing. More specifically, there was a critical incident that I wanted to record and hence, had placed 2 cameras (out of 3) facing the spot to ensure if one misses other will catch. I had enabled motion as well as audio sensors so if movement went low, audio sensor would allow capture clips. To my surpise there was a very important (for me personally) period of 3 mins that was completely blank. NO recording what-so-ever. Not even a 10 second clip during that period. I am 100% sure that the positioning was right, internet availability and speed was good, lighting and audio levels and even motion was enough to catch recording. Just before and after that 3 min period I do have recordings in same conditions.

I asked chat supprot for help and they are completely unable to help diagnose the problem. I ask "if there is any tool you can run to troubleshoot the problem, review the logs if recordings failed for some reason" and any other way to spot the problem and they kept sending me links to how to set-up camera and positioning.

I am probably not going to get an answer or a resolution to this. But I had to write it out here to express my dissatisfaction with the product and support I got. If there was a way to get a refund, I would most certainly avail that. It is really amazing that the company / support don't have any tools to diagnose the base station or camera to review what might have happened during the time period of concern. For the price and promise, the unreliability is a huge loss.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots with descriptions for possible suggestions.