Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I turn on arlo pro I have audio and icons but no video
Must exit and relaunch for video to activate

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

rodzulu,

Is this from a manually switched off state or is this when you access your Arlo Mobile App or Web Portal?

rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant

When switching camera on manually using Arlo app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

rodzulu,

Is the base station and firmware up to date? Have you tried to reboot the base station?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

So you're saying, you open the Arlo app, turn a camera on using the switch in the app, and when you try to live view you have no sound or video?

Or are you saying when you turn a camera on it's not recording when triggered by motion or sound? If so, do you have rules in your modes setup?

Do you actually close the Arlo app after every use or do you just go back to your homer screen leaving the app in the backgropund? If you leave it in the background, try closing out of it each time your done using it. Cameras and modes seem to load better if you close the app completely after each use.

rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I open the app and turn camera on using the switch that appears when the small gear ( setting ) icon above the camera frame is activated. The problem is intermentent, when switched on audio comes up but no video. I then switch the camera off and when I switch it back on both video and audio function properly. I close out the app and do not leave it running in background.

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

rodzulu,

Does this intermittently occur when you are on WIFI or cellular data?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

iOS or android? And which version? I've read when upgraded to iOS 12 the arlo app is having issues playing videos and/or live viewing..

rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant

iOS 12 latest 

thanks for the info

rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wifi 

will monitor cellar to see if problem is there also 

rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant
As usual no resolution to issue with Arlo Pro . Seems as if firmware development just throws something out there to see if it works and is not even aware of issues they create.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

rodzulu,

Have you contacted customer support regarding this? I have provided the link here for you.

Arlo Tech Support