Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
roybrandi
Tutor
Tutor

Continuously disconnects from base station about 3 metres away and batteries drain immediately. Warn all consumers. This product is just one problem after another. Do not buy!!!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

roybrandi,

Is there anything between the base station and camera that could be causing interference? You might try contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

roybrandi
Tutor
Tutor
No James. There is nothing between it. It disconnects then drains the batteries flat. Your product is extremely frustrating and difficult to use. I am sorry I purchased it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Define what you mean by nothing between the camera and base - no walls or anything? Just air? Another possible issue is 2.4GHz interference caused by anything that uses that band. If the camera has poor signal level and/or quality, it's quite possible that the disconnect can happen and the battery drains while trying to reestablish the connection.

Have you tried moving the base as far as possible from the router and swapping cameras around to determine if it's a bad camera or the location.

roybrandi
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for your suggestions. I will try buying a different brand. None of what you suggest works. Your product is very unreliable. Thank you.