Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Guru

Re: Can't Log In To ARLO On PC

@schumaku wrote:

I've tried to post some 1-2-3-4-5 images above, unfortunately these are still not moderated. How unprofessional Arlo moderators!!!

It's the weekend. Like many businessesd, employees have that time off.

Message 76 of 80
Master

@jguerdat wrote:

@schumaku wrote:

I've tried to post some 1-2-3-4-5 images above, unfortunately these are still not moderated. How unprofessional Arlo moderators!!!

It's the weekend. Like many businessesd, employees have that time off.

‎The post referred was created 04-01-2019 12:24 PM GMT+0100 - this does translate to 03-January-2019 03:24 PM -0800 PST. That's Thursday afternoon, on a weekday. Might be weekend already in France. 8-)

And yes, AM/PM time scheme is very special - in fact it's so special it should be abandoned in the Arlo Web Client. The rest of the world (outside of North America) is on a 24 h clock. And it's still not changed today.

Arlo is mostly a consumer product, where people spend more time on weekends and holidays, and the Arlo products are sold in markets all around the world, so a 24*7 basic community coverage for special problems like Spam/Scam and better customer care should be standard.

Every Spam monkey can create new accounts, immediately post URLs, add attachments - all completely unchecked. Senior users with 2341 posts continue to be under mandatory moderation for embedded/inline pictures or videos. And now we get - false - lectures on weekends. Tsk tsk tsk.

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!
Message 77 of 80
Guru

Really? If that was a lecture, you have a thin skin. And I also have all images moderated before they can show. The file attachment is the workaround.

Message 78 of 80
Guide

the point is, we should not have to enable a known security vulnerability in order to access security software over the web.

all the equivocating in the world won't change that simple fact.

not to mention insulting browbeating from arlo fanb0is. you're not doing your cause any good - quite the contrary.

FWIW I use the Brave browser because I don't like google's snoopy ways, and Brave does not support enabling flash in any way, shape or form, so i have to install Chrome just to view live feeds on my laptop. but --- not for long.

I am looking forward to selling my arlo system (14 cameras, 3 base stations, for sale now!) and getting a Ring system to replace it.

I had a large investment in Arlo but I am bailing.

Netgear made their money, but they won't get another cent from me.

my Arlo subscription expires the end of this month. if i don't have HTML5 views of live cameras in a web browser before then, its adios amigos.

Message 79 of 80
Highlighted
Master

@vaporland wrote:

the point is, we should not have to enable a known security vulnerability in order to access security software over the web.

Unrelated to be a fanboy or whatever, we're helping Arlo customers who are asking and having problems. Trying to spread scare about what is probably still the world most used Web browser is not the right thing here. If the requirements are Flash they are. Many businesses still maintain and operating IE because legacy requirements. Earlier decades even some legacy Mozilla versions, ... As of now, Flash is not globally enabled - and this is what Chrome and other browser makers do enforce during the controlled phase-out - the former global controls to enable it are gone.

Anyway, I am fully backing comments ref the Arlo Web UI and the App consistency - it's a big mess on both the Web and the App sides.

@vaporland wrote:

The hardware is pretty good, if very expensive compared to other solutions, but the software's user interface is clunky, buggy and inconsistent across all platforms: mobile and web.

(I design UI for a living so I know of what I speak. Poor UI is a common problem in the home security space, but IMHO netgear/arlo's UI is abysmal).

Left several similar comments on an ongoing test with Arlo ... Not sure you we will get a full HTML5 based live view by mid of January. Doubt they will be fast enough ...

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!
Message 80 of 80