Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
When Arlo Pro Charging Station (VMA4400C) I been looking for it all of them is out of stock when it suppose to release it
38 REPLIES 38
screech610
Aspirant
Aspirant
I actually have mine at the best video and not optimized. Is the quality much different if I drop down to optimized? I initially put it the best, thinking that I would have the charger by now, for my 2 extra batteries. But of course, it's not in stock anywhere.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't see much difference in battery life using Best vs. Optimized.  Best is 720p, Optimized is 640p.  Radio use would be reduced due to smaller file size but not by huge amounts.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat,

My four camera Arlo Pro system is on pretty much 24/7 except for the time we spend outside other than the normal comings and goings.  I use the Schedule mode with all alerts and siren at night and minimum alerts and no siren during the day. We run the Arlo 24/7 to insure we catch package deliveries, the porch monkeys that steal the deliveries(never happened yet for me), meter person, sleazy politicians, etc.  It looks like for the first initial battery charge it will be 2-1/2 maybe 3 months before I have to charge the batteries.  During this period there were a lot more recordings than usual until had the camera sensitivities adjusted and my wife finally got tired of playing with the cameras.  Please let us know how you use your Arlo system and the battery life you are seeing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I have 3 cameras, 2 Pros and one original, on the front. One of each watch the driveway and front walk all the time and get about 1.5 months out of a charge. It varies, of course, depending on how many minutes of recording are done. The other Pro is monitoring my idiot neighbors along with a Q pointed out a window. I've had as little as 3 weeks on this one but then I never know what to expect from them. Two more original cameras are in back but see little usage except for us and some animals. I use rechargeable batteries in my original cameras except for one on the deck that sees almost no usage at all. I generally use best quality to get as many details as possible but had to throttle some when my upload speed really sucked at 1 to 2Mbs. Now that I'm at 5Mbs, I leave them at Best.

Battery life is not high on my priority list since I want videos. Use of rechargeable batteries helps keep the cost down. The cameras are generally about 8 feet up on the magnetic mounts so I use a litter grabber to manipulate them as needed. That works for me. YMMV.
oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jguerdat, thanks for the feedback!  There is always at least one nutty neighbor around.  I have a upload speed of 10 MBS to the provider so that is never a problem but the distance from the base for two cameras do not always allow for the best WiFi communication to the Arlo base.

weebs
Guide
Guide

SMARTHOME.COM is shipping!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Pro Charging station is showing in stock on Amazon and other users have indicated availability through other retailers as well.

See here: Arlo Pro Charging Station – Designed for Arlo Pro Wire-Free Cameras (VMA4400C)

JamesC

screech610
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks received mine from Amazon this week and it works great! I have 3 extra batteries, so it makes things a lot easier.
oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am waiting and hoping to get it from Best Buy in the next 2-3 days when I will also purchase a couple of batteries and start collecting Arlo battery chargers.

Soni10
Aspirant
Aspirant

When will spare batteries and the charging station for Arlo Pro be available n Australia (and from where)?

Addyhash
Apprentice
Apprentice
@Soni10 most likely JB Hi Fi when they become more popular... With 100% markup lol.
joestay
Initiate
Initiate
Mwave in Sydney has them
Addyhash
Apprentice
Apprentice
Soni10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!