Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TLOR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

After owning the original Arlo wirless camera system around my home I decided to upgrade to the Arlo Pro (2 cameras at first to test it out). I had a few issues witht he original cameras but I was still fond of the system even with the bugs.

The two camera plus base station system arrived yesterday and I've spent an incredibly frustrating 24 hours trying to geting the cameras to sync with the base station. After a few hours and multiple attempts I was horified to see the problems other users are having. 

The far right green light on the base station flashes as expected when I put it in Sync mode and the blue light flashes on the camera when I also put it in sync mode but they won't pair. After a few minutes the Arlo camera light simply blinks orange fast and then turns off. I have gone through all the debugging steps, turned off base power, base reset, disconnect camera battery etc. The old Arlo system has also been removed from the app and taken off my local network. The issue exists with both the cameras I bought, I am able to add the base station without issue though.  I ahve also recharged one of the batteries overnight to ensure it has enough power and tried to sync from a range of distances away from the base station (very close to a few feet).

I have to say for such a high end system this is incredibly dissapointing, are these things even tested, how can such a fundamental part of the setup process fail, for both cameras? I understand you might get the odd dud but there are countelss reviews online from using having the same issues and the old system also had issues, I would have thought they'd make the second generation system a bit more robust. 

I purchased my kit from an online retailer so it's not like I can easily return it either, so frustrating. 

Ahy help resolving this issue would be much appreciated. 

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TLOR
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a pretty painful level 1 support experience I got through to a level 2 support and we got to the bottom of the issue, base station seems to have an issue. 

Replacement issued which will probably take a week minimum and of course a lot of time invested debugging, stuff break sI guess so hopefully just bad luck the last two times I've experienced it with Arlo.

Does anyone know where the Solar panels can be purchased outside of the USA as this was one of the big selling points that persuaded us to upgrade to the Pro system?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Contact support. If they can't get you sync'd they'll arrange an RMA

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't mention it so I will - be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.  If that's what you're doing, I agree with steve_t.

TLOR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Thanks for your reply, will contact support, it took months to get a replaement last time so apologies for the apathy, fingers crossed!

I was holding the base sync button for two seconds as per the manual for the a while and then I tried a quick press once I saw other user responses, still no luck.

TLOR
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a pretty painful level 1 support experience I got through to a level 2 support and we got to the bottom of the issue, base station seems to have an issue. 

Replacement issued which will probably take a week minimum and of course a lot of time invested debugging, stuff break sI guess so hopefully just bad luck the last two times I've experienced it with Arlo.

Does anyone know where the Solar panels can be purchased outside of the USA as this was one of the big selling points that persuaded us to upgrade to the Pro system?