Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ponsonbylawyer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased the above Arlo Pro wire free 3 camera security camera and base station. This is taking forever to sort out and kind of wish now I had not purchased a wireless system. I have connected up the base station with our Huawei modem. The power and internet lights are both green on the rlo base station. I then sync the first camera. I move the camera next to the base station and start the sync process. The camera light on the base station goes green. I then push the sync button on the camera and the blue light starts flashing (life is good). The camera light on the base station is also now green. After about 20 - 30 seconds the camera has synced (however this is when the fun times stop). As soon as I move the camera away from the base station the camera light on the base station returns to yellow again. I also continually have the 'your device is off line and not connected to the internet' message on the app even though the green internet light is on the base station. Anyone with any feedback will be so greatly appreciated before I throw this system out on the road in front of a passing rubbish truck!  

3 REPLIES 3
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There is an Arlo system-wide outage right now.  I'd suggest not attempting any troubleshooting until the service is stable again.

ponsonbylawyer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had this problem for the last 4 weeks...

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon @ponsonbylawyer,

I took a look at the Huawei Wireless USB Router Modem It appears you are plugging in the USB access point into a USB port on the base station. This is not a supported configuration at this time. Have you tried connecting the base station via an Ethernet connection? For more information on the installation process please visit: How do I connect my Arlo or Arlo Pro base station to the Internet?

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.