Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Cameras Keep Disconnecting

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nugget7189
Tutor
Tutor

We bought a 4 pack of Arlo Pro cameras and have had nothing but trouble since:

1. First pack had one camera that would not boot up at all
  2. Second pack had a camera that disconnected consistently even though it was the closest to the base station that was returned
  3. We had to move one camera. It is now literally 3 feet from another camera and keeps disconnecting

I don't understand what the issue is. They are all SIGNIFICANTLY closer than the 300 foot maximum.

2 REPLIES 2
Nugget7189
Tutor
Tutor

UPDATE: I took down the camera noted in the third bullet point to see if it had lost its charge. It would not charge or boot back up (tested other units and they did both fine).

Exchanged both and currently all four cameras are working. But 3 out of 8 cameras failing within the first week is disconcerting for their long-term viability.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Possible interference from other wifi sources like your router. Try moving the base station a bit further away or turning off your home wifi temporarily. Some people have suggested that channel 6 on your wifi router gives the best signal, especially once the arlo base station changes to follow it. I haven't had any problems so can't verify that though