Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera bricked after firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LubbockGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received this for my birthday back in August but just had a chance to set it up tonight. I connected it and it immediately asked to update firmware. Hub updated fine, one camera updated fine, but the other camera blinked blue for a really long time then went black. I have not been able to get it synch to the hub (doesn't even blink when I press the synch button) and the hub says its offline. Did the firmware update brick it? Anyway to reset it?

Thanks ahead for the help 😕 I'm scared it's out of return period, but I never even got to use the damn thing...

7 REPLIES 7
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Dont know why you waited so long to get it running but anyway remove the battery from the camera for a few minutes maybe longer and put it back in then try again, this will reset the camera.

LubbockGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried this, left battery out for 2 hours. When I put it back in I get a single blue flash, but then it still doesn't respond to the synch button.

Is there a way to reflash the firmware through the USB connection? I notice that the USB has all 4 wires, so I'm guessing it is a full data port?

I waited so long because I didn't have time to mess with it due to newborn baby and work commitments. I wouldn't have bought it at that time myself due to said lack of time, but as I said it was a gift.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you have all 3 green lights lite on the base? If not sounds like a Ethernet cable to your router issue. You can try to factory reset the base by pushing the little reset button in the back of the base and start all over or unplug the base for about 2 minutes and see if that works, you did pull the plastic off battery as some people didn't do this and created problems but try those and see if it helps. Do the reboot base first and if that didn't work then the factory reset.

Keep the cameras next to the base when syncing 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We can't do anything through the USB port - it's for user charging only.

Try swapping batteries as well as plugging the camera in to see if that helps. If not, open a case with support here using the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here and again on the new page. The 3rd page gives you options.

LubbockGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses, unfortunately no progress, will try opening a ticket.

I pulled both camera batteries, unplugged the base for 2 mnutes, plugged it in and pushed the reset button. I waited for first two green lights to come onand verified the base us online using the app. Put battery in known good camera, and it immediately blinked the blue light quickly and it came online verified through the app. Put the battery in the bad camera, got a single blue flash. Tried to link it to the base station, the base station will go into synch mode, but the camera does not respond to synch button.

I also swapped batteries between two cameras, good camera works fine on both batteries and both batteries report >80% charge in app. Bad camera behaves same with either battery. Good camera flashes blue 10 times when plugged in, bad camera flashes orange 10 times when plugged in.

LubbockGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just tried to start a support chat, and can't get it to work on any browser (tried Chrome, FF, IE)... can I open an email ticket?

Why can't I start a support chat or get the phone number to appear, the support page is completely broken, the only thing that works is the community link and the troubleshooting guide....

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @LubbockGuy,

I have sent you a PM so I can help create a case for you if you're still having troubles contacting our support team.